The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

aksd
@Ygraine

Glad you got things sorted. I'm extremely worried about the accomodation as well. Will wait a week before I start pestering them :biggrin:. Are you applying to Wentworth for accomodation, I've applied to only Wentworth.

Is it mandatory to join a LDR society if you're in an LDR? lol, what exactly do they do in LDR societies? Since I'm going to be in an extremely LDR :frown:. Apologies for the OT.

Hehe, no it's the soc on TSR! All we do is chat and cheer each other up when we don't have our other halves with us :biggrin:
University of York
York
Reply 281
@lazzyfuzzylou

LOL! ok, anyway I still have time to start feeling depressed :biggrin:. I might pay the society a visit the month after :biggrin:. Thanks :biggrin:.
Reply 282
For all those people talking about jobs, I got a part-time job at Argos working 1 day a week, with more (4 days) over the holiday, and a few of my friends had no problem getting jobs in retail. I believe the drive for temporary Christmas staff starts in September/October, so if you're happy working in retail that may be a solution.
Just saw some pics in the newspaper - York (at least part of it) is pretty flooded at the moment! I saw campus partly flooded once...
Reply 284
xKTx
Just saw some pics in the newspaper - York (at least part of it) is pretty flooded at the moment! I saw campus partly flooded once...

Yep, the road alongside Ouse was flooded, now is only full of mud.

They canceled the four-day horse races because of the weather. Women in silly hats are really disappointed. :biggrin:
Reply 285
aksd
@Ygraine

Glad you got things sorted. I'm extremely worried about the accomodation as well. Will wait a week before I start pestering them :biggrin:. Are you applying to Wentworth for accomodation, I've applied to only Wentworth.

No I haven't, as my course is taught at King's Manor which is in the city centre so I don't want to live on campus if I can avoid it. I know Constantine House was my first choice and I can't remember the other one
Reply 286
Only if you share it.
Reply 287
laser
Only if you share it.

Only if they want to get fired.

Of all the obnoxious terms in the AUP, that wasn't one of them as far as I recall :smile:
Reply 288
...does the forum seen quieter to anyone else, or is that just my boredom/desperate to get out of The Shire talking?
Only six weeks to go now (!!) and the place feels like a ghost town :-(!

Tx
Reply 289
TrishS
...does the forum seen quieter to anyone else, or is that just my boredom/desperate to get out of The Shire talking?

Tx

It is quieter I think that there must be an average of about 5 posts a day in the York forum. Hmphhh! :biggrin:
Reply 290
TrishS

Tx

How utterly miserable. Six bloody weeks! Enough to make a man sick. :frown:
It's a good thing - it means everyone who's going to York is too cool to go on TSR.. ahaha. :tsr2:
Reply 292
Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the Economics building from James college?
Reply 293
Ravster
Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the Economics building from James college?

I'd say 7 min 24 sec if you travel with speed 12,2 km/h.

( but seriously - it's about 7-10 minutes depending how fast you walk )
Reply 294
Have people (gappers) started hearing which accommodation they're in yet...?

Tx
Reply 295
TrishS
Have people (gappers) started hearing which accommodation they're in yet...?

Tx

Not yet. I know gappers from a few countries and none of them has received anything so far:s-smilie:

This is worse than Track.
Reply 296
Guys, slightly off topic but are there descriptions of the optional modules somewhere on the York page? I went on evision to register for modules and I have no idea what they are at all :confused: I'll be doing Pol with IR but in general there doesn't seem to be any info on the modules for any course.
Reply 297
http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/poli/current/ug/index.htm all your module info should be on there.
Reply 298
cullmac
http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/poli/current/ug/index.htm all your module info should be on there.

Thanks :smile: for some reason the optional modules are not there at all though... lol York uni is like a huge lottery with the accommodation and course selection :biggrin:
Reply 299
I got a booklet this morning which has all the details for the options for part one of my course (econ.)

Maybe there's the same thing in the post for you?

Quick Reply

Latest