The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

And so it begins... :p:
University of York
York
I chose Goodricke! 38 weeks ensuite. Phail?
Yes and no. You have the shiny new accomodation, but you're further away than Halifax and the potential noise of building works.
first name : Michael
course: English lit
fav.music: Tons of indie freaky stuff and classical. Muse Animal Collective Belle and Sebastian, Idlewild Joy Division Velvet Underground Debussy Weber etc etc etc
film: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Shawshank Redemption, Truman Show, Donnie Darko
drink: Diet Coke :wink: and mojitos but i'm not a big drinker, too sporty :biggrin:
book : Oh God, where do I begin..... pretty much all poetry Bill Bryson sci-fi fantasy I LOVE TS Eliot
interest: Weightlifting, swimming (1500 free), music (clarinet), writing, more music

why do you love/hate ducks? Because they didn't chase me when i was 2 like swans did
why do you wear women's underwear ? gotta have a nice case to keep the jewels in
Reply 584
Bambi2803
first name : Michael
course: English lit
fav.music: Tons of indie freaky stuff and classical. Muse Animal Collective Belle and Sebastian, Idlewild Joy Division Velvet Underground Debussy Weber etc etc etc
film: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Shawshank Redemption, Truman Show, Donnie Darko
drink: Diet Coke :wink: and mojitos but i'm not a big drinker, too sporty :biggrin:
book : Oh God, where do I begin..... pretty much all poetry Bill Bryson sci-fi fantasy I LOVE TS Eliot
interest: Weightlifting, swimming (1500 free), music (clarinet), writing, more music

why do you love/hate ducks? Because they didn't chase me when i was 2 like swans did
why do you wear women's underwear ? gotta have a nice case to keep the jewels in

NOOOOOOO!
Reply 585
first name: Laura
course: Maths
fav.music: anything but rap!
film: Dirty Dancing =]
drink: ohhh i dunno! Carlsberg probs
book: most, i work in a library for f's sake :P
interest: music (piano, flute, listening to it!!), shopping, reading, cinema

why do you love/hate ducks? cus they're cute!
why do you wear women's underwear ? well i don't want to be obv, BUT i'm a woman :P
sloaner i'm sure you can change me, just i've been swimming in nationals and coaches tend to take a stern eye on even a pint :wink: when i say i'm not a big drinker i mean i'm wasted after about 3 pints - i am the definition of lightweight
Reply 587
Bambi2803
sloaner i'm sure you can change me, just i've been swimming in nationals and coaches tend to take a stern eye on even a pint :wink: when i say i'm not a big drinker i mean i'm wasted after about 3 pints - i am the definition of lightweight

Lightweight is the best thing to be. Cheap and efficient. It's ideal :smile:

Nationals? That's impressive, but we're going to have to work on changing your restrictive habits. We'll have you at an AA meeting in no time :yep:
it's only impressive because no one else swims 1500 free in scotland - too busy chasing haggis ya know? :wink: I'm also in the middle of a truely lovely *sarcasm* gym training routine which my dedicated (read: sadistic) coach thinks will help. Got drunk on two pear ciders last week. Not good. :biggrin:
Reply 589
Bambi2803
it's only impressive because no one else swims 1500 free in scotland - too busy chasing haggis ya know? :wink: I'm also in the middle of a truely lovely *sarcasm* gym training routine which my dedicated (read: sadistic) coach thinks will help. Got drunk on two pear ciders last week. Not good. :biggrin:

Oh bambi bambi bambi.. this is far worse than I feared.

Much work to do, we have. (don't know why I typed that Yoda-style)
Dont worry, it doesnt take many blue laggoons to get me wasted. Generally two fish bowls and im gone :smile:
melons_2009
Dont worry, it doesnt take many blue laggoons to get me wasted. Generally two fish bowls and im gone :smile:

Trebles in Nag's Head will have you sorted pretty quickly then :p:
Reply 592
slugonamission

Now this I'm looking forward to.
slugonamission

If this were a Facebook status, I would 'like it'.

I would 'like it' ALOT. :biggrin:
jesus I would go down quicker than monica lewinsky
Oh yes. I shall go there on my first night then :biggrin:
That all depends on your STYCs, but you will end up somewhere on your first night :biggrin:
slugonamission
That all depends on your STYCs, but you will end up somewhere on your first night :biggrin:

My what? :s-smilie:
Reply 598
melons_2009
My what? :s-smilie:

Second and Third Year Contacts - or College Mums and Dads if you're in James
Yeah, they're just second/third years that are there to help you out in freshers week and to help you all to get to know each other :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest