The Student Room Group

Got a Refund From HM Tribunal Courts?

Today I got a refund from the courts for £100, this is the same amount I paid for a speeding ticket a few months back...

I've been reading around the internet and it seems like there is a chance that I'm going to court now because I failed to send in my license (even though I identified myself as the driver) or possibly there was an error and now the offense is invalid (I still have 0 points on my license)

Apparently, the key detail here is time... the only way they can make court proceedings is within 6 months after the incident.... 2 weeks from now that time will have lapsed.

I'm still really worried even though I was only doing 36 mph, the last thing I need to add to my mountain of problems is a driving ban.

Has anyone else had a refund like this? What was the result
I’ve received £100 this morning for exactly the same. I’ve received a court summons for not sending in my licy. Filled all that in, pleading guilty without going to court. What happened to you? Did you have to pay the money back?
I got a court summons for exactly the same for not sending in the licence, they never asked for it, I payed the fine of £100 and still not seen the refund. Can we let them know it was a geniune mistake and can send the licence now will they endorsed and send it back. Anyone on this thread know what happens??
Reply 3
Original post by username2269391
Today I got a refund from the courts for £100, this is the same amount I paid for a speeding ticket a few months back...

I've been reading around the internet and it seems like there is a chance that I'm going to court now because I failed to send in my license (even though I identified myself as the driver) or possibly there was an error and now the offense is invalid (I still have 0 points on my license)

Apparently, the key detail here is time... the only way they can make court proceedings is within 6 months after the incident.... 2 weeks from now that time will have lapsed.

I'm still really worried even though I was only doing 36 mph, the last thing I need to add to my mountain of problems is a driving ban.

Has anyone else had a refund like this? What was the result

What happened next?

Latest

Trending

Trending