The Student Room Group

The University of Law - Refund

Hi. I signed up for the SQE course with the University of Law on the 18th of October 2022. Due to personal circumstances, I am unable to proceed with the course so requested to withdraw on 20/10/22 and a full refund of the first instalment I paid (around £700). They have a cooling off period so I thought this would be easy, but to this day, their Finance team have not sent back a single email confirming they are actioning the refund. I had responses from other teams advising that they have chased for a response and to have patience as they are super busy, but I can't wait that long. It's nearly £1k and I need that money. I have raised a formal complaint, but currently being treated as an informal complaint. I also submitted a charge back request through my back, but they take ages. Anyone has any contact details for the Finance team at UoL apart from the generic email address they have up on the website? Any clues on what else to do here? It has now been a month since I requested this and I did advise it is urgent. Of course it's urgent since it's so much money.
Reply 1
Original post by andrad
Hi. I signed up for the SQE course with the University of Law on the 18th of October 2022. Due to personal circumstances, I am unable to proceed with the course so requested to withdraw on 20/10/22 and a full refund of the first instalment I paid (around £700). They have a cooling off period so I thought this would be easy, but to this day, their Finance team have not sent back a single email confirming they are actioning the refund. I had responses from other teams advising that they have chased for a response and to have patience as they are super busy, but I can't wait that long. It's nearly £1k and I need that money. I have raised a formal complaint, but currently being treated as an informal complaint. I also submitted a charge back request through my back, but they take ages. Anyone has any contact details for the Finance team at UoL apart from the generic email address they have up on the website? Any clues on what else to do here? It has now been a month since I requested this and I did advise it is urgent. Of course it's urgent since it's so much money.

Hi andrad,

The exact same thing happened to me this year with the LPC and i have still not received any response. Did you manage to secure a refund?

Thanks
Original post by andrad

Hi @andrad!

I am really sorry this has happened to you. I am a current Student Ambassador at the University of Law and, unfortunately, have also had some issues getting in contact with the Student Finance team over email due to the fact they are currently very oversubscribed. In order to get a response, I rang this number: 01483 216 380 (if you are calling internationally then use this number: +44 (0) 1483 216 000). You may have to wait on hold but it will allow you to actually be put through to a person which is always helpful when chasing an enquiry such as this. I hope this helps and you manage to get your money back soon!

Sophie :smile:
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
1. Go to Companies House and find out the registeredo ffice address of the entity.
2. Send a properly written evidenced letter posted by special delivery (signed for) addressed to a named director.
3. Give then 7 days to refund you otherwise you will start proceedings
4. If they do not send the refund go to moneyclaimsonline and start the claim - you will need to pay a small court fee unless you are on state benefits in which case you will not have to pay a fee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending