The Student Room Group

Refund policy

Guys I went to this private beauty clinic in London. The lady there first she manipulated me to get several treatments done. The treatment they didn’t have for fat loss she said this has got side effects and she recommended me the one they have got. So I paid £130. But after my first session I had some side effects like blood in Urine so I went to my gp. The gp suggested to stop this treatment. I went to the clinic and asked them for a refund they were like you need to bring a letter from your gp. I got letter from gp send it to them to which they never responded. Then when I contacted them again they are like we can’t refund we don’t have refund policy you can only get alternative treatment in exchange.
Do you think this is fair? How can I insist them for the refund?
Original post by Anonymous
Guys I went to this private beauty clinic in London. The lady there first she manipulated me to get several treatments done. The treatment they didn’t have for fat loss she said this has got side effects and she recommended me the one they have got. So I paid £130. But after my first session I had some side effects like blood in Urine so I went to my gp. The gp suggested to stop this treatment. I went to the clinic and asked them for a refund they were like you need to bring a letter from your gp. I got letter from gp send it to them to which they never responded. Then when I contacted them again they are like we can’t refund we don’t have refund policy you can only get alternative treatment in exchange.
Do you think this is fair? How can I insist them for the refund?

Did you pay via card?
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Did you pay via card?
Yes. It’s been 6 months now bcz I have been after them this whole time and also my card I paid with is international card not uk.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yes. It’s been 6 months now bcz I have been after them this whole time and also my card I paid with is international card not uk.
Any advice on this people??

It’s still worth going back to your bank with evidence of how you’ve tried to get your money back so far.

Google ‘chargebacks’. It should apply to both debit and credit cards.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
It’s still worth going back to your bank with evidence of how you’ve tried to get your money back so far.

Google ‘chargebacks’. It should apply to both debit and credit cards.
Do you know what’s the general refund policy in the UK is for private beauty clinics? They are saying we have no refund policy but does it apply to the sessions I didn’t even attend?
Do you know what’s the general refund policy in the UK is for private beauty clinics? They are saying we have no refund policy but does it apply to the sessions I didn’t even attend?

I would imagine a typical refund policy would either consist of:

No refunds if a cancellation was received within a certain period of time, e.g. a week before the appointment, or 2 working days.

OR

Refunds are less a booking fee.

In either case, the company needs to confirm the refund terms at the point at which you make the booking. (Either a physical copy or pointing you to where they can be found). They can't just restrospectively say "no refunds".

In your case, I can't imagine any half decent clinic isn't going to have some T&C's which cover what happens if you have a reaction to treatment which is underway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending