The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

5'10" is perfectly adequate outside of Scandinavia.
Original post by AllezTheReds
Well yeah, if I’m not mistaken some regions of Belgium have some of the tallest people in the world, meanwhile Japan average must be like 5’8, so you would feel pretty average there...

But does stretching really works? Because I’ve googled and many people say that it’s like a placebo and it doesn’t really help you to grow taller... I’ll still do that tho, nothing to lose...
And I hope to grow to 5’11-5’11.5 like you, it would be great haha

It should work hopefully if you do it consistently. If you really want to push it, there's a video by "The Bright Side" or something on YouTube called "How to get taller in 1 week". It won't take a week but if you do most of the exercises mentioned consistently for months and you have a good diet, I don't see why it can't increase.

If all else fails you can just buy in-sock pads and in-shoe pads to get to the 180 cm + mark lol. People ask you to take shoes off to measure height but not socks :wink: . There's some discrete ones on amazon that advertise 2 cm but are more like 0.5 inch, so you can try that if you want. It improves your posture anyway which would make you look taller.
~I'm sixteen and 4'9 so 5'10 is super tall to me :')
Mate, I'm 9'4. Anything smaller is pushing it dude, girls are like 8' now.
Original post by lionheart27
Mate, I'm 9'4. Anything smaller is pushing it dude, girls are like 8' now.

Great... they can come round and fix the curtains.
Hahaha yeah, hope to get 1 more inch. When I was a kid I slept like 5 hours a day and had an awful diet, right now I could be 6’1 lol
Reply 27
Original post by akash3141
Lol yes. I was manlet height of 5'10" too around 4-5 months ago but a lot of stretching exercises and milk later, I am now 5'11"+ and 5'11.5" which is basically 6' in the morning after a good night's sleep. If you want a temporary fix, just wear lifts and timberlands. You'll get to over 6'.

Akash, just like I told you on Twitter where you're still trolling 5 years later, you're not 5'11 and you were never 5'10. 5'10 is a good height. However, you're 5'3, Akash, so you're a manlet and you'll always be a short manlet, Akash.
Well if your a girl then yeah thats tall but otherwise just about averge apparently. However, At 5'6 I always felt the averge was going up by the year or something. Seemed like every girl I knew was my height or taller except for a few - I even had a friend and she was 6'5. Anyways, yeah during highschool seemed like the averge girl was 5-6 or 5-7 while for boys it was like 5-11 to 6' flat. Not really sure, if 5-10 can be considered short by global standards but maybe in some reigons it is.

Latest