The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi! This is my very first post on this forum, yipii!!

Anyway, I got an offer for 34 points (IB), with at least 4 in English, to study European Politics. I'll go there if St. Andrews doesn't accept me.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Course: BA Geography
Offer: AAB (A in Geography, excluding General Studies)
Accept: Perhaps. All depends on the open days.
Reply 42
SiAnY
Course: BA Geography
Offer: AAB (A in Geography, excluding General Studies)
Accept: Perhaps. All depends on the open days.

Nice Christmas pressie Sian! :biggrin:
Reply 43
Bah I don't know if I should put Nottingham as my first choice! :redface: Haven't visited the place yet. Can anyone tell me what Nottingham's like?
irisng
Bah I don't know if I should put Nottingham as my first choice! :redface: Haven't visited the place yet. Can anyone tell me what Nottingham's like?

Well I went there for a couple of days earlier in the year and hated it, which confirmed my choice NOT to apply there. Then for some reason I researched it a bit more and decided I loved it (without visiting again) and now I have applied. So I'm not too sure what went on :biggrin:

I thought the location was nice... campus uni but very near the town centre where there's loads of nice places to go out. Didn't like the uni much... thought it looked a bit grey and dull. But then I did visit it when no students were about so maybe that's why!
i loved nottingham when i went to visit, the campus is lovely and not in the middle of nowhere, like the above poster said its very near to town!!

My first choice is between Notts and Durham, just wish both would give me an offer now!
Reply 46
I thought the uni was supposed to be far away from the city centre etc? :confused:

I'm between Nottingham and Bristol myself! - they're both excellent for their own courses, both offers industry year, both Masters, Bristol ranks 12 and Nottingham ranks 14, so there really isn't much separateing the two! :frown: The only thing I must decide now is which course I prefer, cus it's Neuroscience in Nottingham and Pharmacology in Bristol - but darn it the two courses overlap soooo much in the first two years, and then in the fourth both involves disorders of the brain! And at Bristol one of the company links for industry year is a Neuroscience Research Lab :redface: The main difference is just what would be focused on and that there's more chemistry in Pharmacology :frown: Hence I really don't know - and they both want the same grades - BBB :frown:

Hence also dilemma of would it be completely stupid to put both those unis as my first and second choices, when they want the same grades? :frown:

Ideas anyone? - which uni??? ARGH!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :frown:

Hey out of interest, Bestdeceptions and Exmoorkatie - have you heard from Oxford yet? How did it go? (lol I read your sigs :p: )
Reply 47
Have you visited both universities?
Reply 48
Lol that's the thing - I've only seen Bristol so far :frown: I wanna go to Nottingham and see if I like the place but the Open Day isn't until 9th Feb and my parents don't see the point of me going any earlier :frown: However they have a point in that they reckon I should forget about uni and start working and getting my A-Levels :p:

I won't be finalising anything until I've seen Nottingham, but I've stopped by it for a few minutes like a year or two ago and I remember it to be quite quiet and spacious, and from what I've heard Nottingham is a gorgeous uni.

I know I like Bristol, however. Not sure if I could settle there though that's the thing :redface:

But I want a more or less definite answer to which uni I wanna go to cus right now I'm still torn between the two, whereas once I've decided which uni I want as my first, I could just go visit Nottingham to confirm my choice.
Reply 49
Bristol is a really cool place to stay for sure. (I live here :wink:). Like you, I still need to check out Nottingham. But as you said, the reputation, course contentwise, everything is pretty much on par, so it's really down to the campus and the city. Anyways, you don't need to pick which university you want to go to until April or so! :p:

ps I'm going to the open day on 09/02 as well :smile:
Reply 50
Oooooh hey we might see each other! - what do you look like? And your name tag certainly won't be "The Wolf" so what's your name? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just read my username that's my full name :wink: yay it's so cool to meet people! :biggrin: What course did you apply to Nottingham for? And which two unis are you thinking of putting as your first and second choice?

Bristol - is it really busy? - cus if it's anything like London I wouldn't like it much :frown: or Sheffield, too scattered. When I visited it wasn't overly busy it looked quite nice in fact :smile: is it the kind of place you can sorta "settle" into?
Reply 51
we might! loll do you have msn? Anyways Ill be going to the Jubillee Campus as that's where the Business School is! You'll be going to another one! My first choice would be LSE/Warwick if either accept me, and Nottingham/Bristol/Manchester as insurance (as i said, not sure which yet!). Bristol isn't really busy, esp comparing to London. Outside the university, you are immediately stepping onto Park street (a long street with lots of restaurants, shops, bars...etc), and the uni is about 15 minutes walk away from the city centre. The accomodations of Bristol are one of the best in the UK imo. Many of the areas of the accomodations are in expensive areas, hence crime is virtually non-existant. So all in all, you should settle in with little problems. Whereas I'm not too sure about Nottingham yet, as I haven't visited.
Reply 52
I've PM-ed you btw :smile:
Reply 53
Course: Pharmacy
Offer: BBB (ex. GS)
Accept: 1st choice :biggrin:
Reply 54
Course: Theology
Offer: ABC
Accept: Maybe....joint 3rd choice I'd say...
Reply 55
Got an offer of AAA/AABB for Economics a few weeks ago.
Anyone going up on the 9th Feb for the open day thingy?
I haven't actually properly been to Notts yet but i have heard it is a wikid uni with a great campus community kinda thing.
Fred
Reply 56
Yay!
offer AAB for medicine!!!
am soooo happy cos notts is my first choice!

didn't know there was an open day on 9th feb tho.. how did you hear about it?? i thought they were all in june!!! :rolleyes:
Today I got a letter saying they would be making me an offer...They didn't specify what the offer would be :confused: Nottingham is not very high up the list to be honest. But may go and visit and may love it :smile: Applied for chemistry btw.
Course: Economis L100
Offer: AAA
Accept: Maybe. It's my 2nd or 3rd choice (1st being Warwick where I haven't heard from yet)
Reply 59
Hey ppl! got an offer to do children's nursing last week need BCC in Biology, Psychology and Chemistry in any order. Am very happy as Nottingham is my first choice.

Latest

Trending

Trending