The Student Room Group

Getting Kathy fit again. (injury recovery and fitness regaining blog)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Palmyra
41kg at 164cm is ridiculously light :eek:

My lowest was 38kg, my highest was 43kg... I don't look skinny now because I wear things that doesn't show how skinny I am. I hate wearing a swimming suit.
Original post by Kathy89
My lowest was 38kg, my highest was 43kg... I don't look skinny now because I wear things that doesn't show how skinny I am. I hate wearing a swimming suit.

That gives a BMI of like 15... Surely that's dangerously underweight?
Reply 42
Original post by Palmyra
That gives a BMI of like 15... Surely that's dangerously underweight?

I was always like that. I am trying to gain weight the healthy way. I don't have an eating disorder or anything like that.
Reply 43
Again an update after a long time. A lot of new things....

Positive Updates
1. I joined a gym class and an Acro-Yoga class starting this week. I really miss the powers yoga gave me and the friends there.
2. Went to an Orthopedist, my leg is actually better, stronger and actually sort of healing. It can't heal the torn ACL, but the rest of the muscles and ligaments are getting stronger which is really helpful. Although he is not encourage me to run, but he said that whatever I am doing as long as I come back for a regular check up is ok and he hopes it continue to get better.
3. Getting used to the straps-band thing with the glasses....
4. Got some cool light reflecting clothing for cycling, I use them for running too... makes me feel safer not being hit by a bike or a car (I have some sort of trauma from the accident I kept denying just because rationally I know that if I am careful the chances of the accident happening again are very small, yet being and feeling safer is always good).
5. Got some portable cooling box, the one which is used in picnics, I have it in the car, so when I am hungry I can just take a healthy meal and heat it almost anywhere... well microwave it, but it is still better than eating junk, isn't it?!
6. Participated in a Mad-Run (Mud-Run) activity last week. It was so much fun!!!!

Negative Updates
1. I am still loosing weight, I am 40.5kg now... :frown: I think I am loosing fat but not gaining any muscle weight. I need to gain weight, not to loose weight. I am eating fine, 5 meals a day, total over 2000 calories. I am on a positive callorie balance, so I should gain weight.... but I am not.... strange and sad
2. Have to fix my bike. One of the breaks is not working well making me loose control a bit when I speed, so I am not speeding. So I have to find a good bike-store to fix it.
3. Joining a gym makes my schedual even more busy... I am trying to find a sport activity to do with my boyfriend to spend some time with him too... but he prefers being a couch potato and watch movies instead :frown:
4. Hey fever is coming... Hope this time it will be easier.

Neutral Updates
1. I decided to work more on gaining muscle weight. I was never muscular, maybe only in my legs. Now I need to gain some muscle weight and reach a healthy weight, so I joined a gym to practice twice a week on weight lifting and bars and work on my abs and hands.
2. The down side of getting used to wearing glasses while running is feeling I need them more often... I wanted to write it as a negative thing, but wrote it here because maybe I did need them a bit more often... I mean it is much more fun seeing things outside. (maybe the next positive update was that I am getting more social with people and want to see people). I am much more social than I used to be in high school, but I still prefer not seeing people.
3. The weather is strange, I never know what to wear for running, it is either too cold or too hot.
4. I am still afraid of running in the rain, but I do jog in the rain. (so it is both a positive and a negative one).
5. Making food is suddenly harder, but it is still fulfilling... I feel much happier after I made some good food. :biggrin:
Original post by Kathy89
Again an update after a long time. A lot of new things....

Positive Updates
1. I joined a gym class and an Acro-Yoga class starting this week. I really miss the powers yoga gave me and the friends there.
2. Went to an Orthopedist, my leg is actually better, stronger and actually sort of healing. It can't heal the torn ACL, but the rest of the muscles and ligaments are getting stronger which is really helpful. Although he is not encourage me to run, but he said that whatever I am doing as long as I come back for a regular check up is ok and he hopes it continue to get better.
3. Getting used to the straps-band thing with the glasses....
4. Got some cool light reflecting clothing for cycling, I use them for running too... makes me feel safer not being hit by a bike or a car (I have some sort of trauma from the accident I kept denying just because rationally I know that if I am careful the chances of the accident happening again are very small, yet being and feeling safer is always good).
5. Got some portable cooling box, the one which is used in picnics, I have it in the car, so when I am hungry I can just take a healthy meal and heat it almost anywhere... well microwave it, but it is still better than eating junk, isn't it?!
6. Participated in a Mad-Run (Mud-Run) activity last week. It was so much fun!!!!

Negative Updates
1. I am still loosing weight, I am 40.5kg now... :frown: I think I am loosing fat but not gaining any muscle weight. I need to gain weight, not to loose weight. I am eating fine, 5 meals a day, total over 2000 calories. I am on a positive callorie balance, so I should gain weight.... but I am not.... strange and sad
2. Have to fix my bike. One of the breaks is not working well making me loose control a bit when I speed, so I am not speeding. So I have to find a good bike-store to fix it.
3. Joining a gym makes my schedual even more busy... I am trying to find a sport activity to do with my boyfriend to spend some time with him too... but he prefers being a couch potato and watch movies instead :frown:
4. Hey fever is coming... Hope this time it will be easier.

Neutral Updates
1. I decided to work more on gaining muscle weight. I was never muscular, maybe only in my legs. Now I need to gain some muscle weight and reach a healthy weight, so I joined a gym to practice twice a week on weight lifting and bars and work on my abs and hands.
2. The down side of getting used to wearing glasses while running is feeling I need them more often... I wanted to write it as a negative thing, but wrote it here because maybe I did need them a bit more often... I mean it is much more fun seeing things outside. (maybe the next positive update was that I am getting more social with people and want to see people). I am much more social than I used to be in high school, but I still prefer not seeing people.
3. The weather is strange, I never know what to wear for running, it is either too cold or too hot.
4. I am still afraid of running in the rain, but I do jog in the rain. (so it is both a positive and a negative one).
5. Making food is suddenly harder, but it is still fulfilling... I feel much happier after I made some good food. :biggrin:

Omg I see you have a blog too! :eek: No wonder you found mine :h:

Sorry to hear about your accident :frown: such a terrible unfortunate thing to happen someone:console:
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. Like your subheadings for the different types of updates. May incooperate that into my weekly/fortnight bigger updates (if you dont mind? :redface:)

Great to see you are persevering through with all of these things going on, something that I want to learn to do better.

Hope everything keeps progressing and going towards were you want to be :h:
Reply 45
Original post by Kraggor
Omg I see you have a blog too! :eek: No wonder you found mine

Sorry to hear about your accident :frown: such a terrible unfortunate thing to happen someone:console:
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. Like your subheadings for the different types of updates. May incooperate that into my weekly/fortnight bigger updates (if you dont mind? :redface:)

Great to see you are persevering through with all of these things going on, something that I want to learn to do better.

Hope everything keeps progressing and going towards were you want to be :h:

Thanks so much!!!
:h:
Original post by Kathy89
Thanks so much!!!
:h:

You're more than welcome :smile:
Reply 47
Positive Updates
Went to the gym this morning after two days without any exercising. It was great!!! Honestly I didn't expect to like it. I believed I could do everything at home... and, well, I can, I just don't... the whole environment of exercising there gives me powers to exercises once I'm there. The trainers are so nice and helpful.
Despite not working out enough it was a good 5 days. I managed to eat well, eating a lot of veggies and very little junk. My boyfriend and I cook together so it's cool.
My personal life is getting better so I am overall in a great mood. :u:

Negative Updates
Went on a run about an hour ago, it was very hot today so it seemed to be a good idea to go for a run, however, while I was running it started raining all of a sudden, so I called a friend to pick me up. Now we are drinking tea and getting ready to watch Season 3 of game of thrones.
Totally cool junk I'm falling in love with is dark chocolate with mint.....
Fruits are totally :yucky: now... and I want fruits!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kathy89
Positive Updates
Went to the gym this morning after two days without any exercising. It was great!!! Honestly I didn't expect to like it. I believed I could do everything at home... and, well, I can, I just don't... the whole environment of exercising there gives me powers to exercises ones I'm there. The trainers are so nice and helpful.
Despite not working out enough it was a good 5 days. I managed to eat well, eating a lot of veggies and very little junk. My boyfriend and I cook together so it's cool.
My personal life is getting better so I am overall in a great mood. :u:

Negative Updates
Went on a run about an hour ago, it was very hot today so it seemed to be a good idea to go for a run, however, while I was running it started raining all of a sudden, so I called a friend to pick me up. Now we are drinking tea and getting ready to watch Season 3 of game of thrones.
Totally cool junk I'm falling in love with is dark chocolate with mint.....
Fruits are totally :yucky: now... and I want fruits!!!

You are totally right about the gym environment. Unfortunately I cant go to one myself because it would be out of my way and extra money but being away from home helps ALOT. I always find home is a place of comfort so the attitude to workout is so much worse than being in the temple of working out :biggrin:
Super glad to hear your own life is getting better for you too! :rave:Always great to see people's moods be going up :h:

Oo is this your first time for Game of Thrones? :eek: I'm rewatching it with my gf right now because she hasnt seen it yet and we too are on season 3 :tongue:
Eat the fruits!! I managed to have 4 fruits today :s-smilie: So strange...who am I?! :confused:
Reply 49
Original post by Kraggor
You are totally right about the gym environment. Unfortunately I cant go to one myself because it would be out of my way and extra money but being away from home helps ALOT. I always find home is a place of comfort so the attitude to workout is so much worse than being in the temple of working out :biggrin:
Super glad to hear your own life is getting better for you too! :rave:Always great to see people's moods be going up :h:

Oo is this your first time for Game of Thrones? :eek: I'm rewatching it with my gf right now because she hasnt seen it yet and we too are on season 3 :tongue:
Eat the fruits!! I managed to have 4 fruits today :s-smilie: So strange...who am I?! :confused:

Thanks a lot!!!
We are rewatching Game of Thrones too, we like rewatching from the start every new season.

I like fruits, but the ones we have now are gross, no taste or bad taste. Going to buy frozen berries.
Original post by Kathy89
Thanks a lot!!!
We are rewatching Game of Thrones too, we like rewatching from the start every new season.

I like fruits, but the ones we have now are gross, no taste or bad taste. Going to buy frozen berries.

Yusss that's the way to do it! Can't wait for season 8 but then am going to be so sad at the end :cry2:

Ah I see, yeah it's a shame fruits go off so so quick :frown:
I’m in
Reply 52
Updates
Positive
1. I gained some weight, I am 41.2kg now.
2. Gym is very fun, as well as Yoga.
3. I'm at my parent's house now and I went for a run with my brother and played a bit basketball, it was so fun!!!!

Negative
1. Nutrition-wise it was a bad week, 3 visits to restaurants (friend's and family birthdays).
2. Had awful headache yesterday, to the point of taking meds.

Neutral
I started working with a trainer on a proper routine, will post it later.
Original post by Kathy89
Updates
Positive
1. I gained some weight, I am 41.2kg now.
2. Gym is very fun, as well as Yoga.
3. I'm at my parent's house now and I went for a run with my brother and played a bit basketball, it was so fun!!!!

Negative
1. Nutrition-wise it was a bad week, 3 visits to restaurants (friend's and family birthdays).
2. Had awful headache yesterday, to the point of taking meds.

Neutral
I started working with a trainer on a proper routine, will post it later.

Congrats on gaining some weight :h: What kind of weight are you looking to plateauing at? :redface:
I really wanna do some yoga too at some point, like just at home and get my colleague to help me with it (he knows lets about it haha)

Don't worry, I've had a bad nutrition week too due to illness, mental health, bdays, no food so instead convenient food :tongue:
Oh dear, sorry to hear about your headache, must have got really bad :frown:

Oo found a trainer! Can't wait to see you routine. Once I get back into working out next week when I'm feeling 100% better I might in cooperate some of it into my weekly routines :h:
Reply 54
Original post by Kraggor
Congrats on gaining some weight :h: What kind of weight are you looking to plateauing at? :redface:
I really wanna do some yoga too at some point, like just at home and get my colleague to help me with it (he knows lets about it haha)

Don't worry, I've had a bad nutrition week too due to illness, mental health, bdays, no food so instead convenient food :tongue:
Oh dear, sorry to hear about your headache, must have got really bad :frown:

Oo found a trainer! Can't wait to see you routine. Once I get back into working out next week when I'm feeling 100% better I might in cooperate some of it into my weekly routines :h:

I want to weight as close as possible to 50kg.
As for the headache, I still have one, it is weather related, at least was yesterday. Now it is a mixture of tiredness, weather and eyesight, but it is much lighter now. Couldn't open my eyes in the morning yesterday before taking Rokacet.
Good luck with your training routine too!
Original post by Kathy89
I want to weight as close as possible to 50kg.
As for the headache, I still have one, it is weather related, at least was yesterday. Now it is a mixture of tiredness, weather and eyesight, but it is much lighter now. Couldn't open my eyes in the morning yesterday before taking Rokacet.
Good luck with your training routine too!

Awesome, very good luck to getting those gains :h:
Aw hope you feel better soon :kissing2:

Thanks :smile: at least next week my blog will be looking better :redface:
Reply 56
Original post by Kraggor
Awesome, very good luck to getting those gains :h:
Aw hope you feel better soon :kissing2:

Thanks :smile: at least next week my blog will be looking better :redface:

Thanks! :h:
Reply 57
Worst migraine today - even went to the hospital.

I got up at 6am feeling week, drank coffee which made me feel better but still not very good, decided to take a train and bus to work, not to drive. On the way to work started feeling even worse. As soon as I arrived at work I was feeling so bad I had to cancel all the meetings, while sending messages to the clients I had to throw up, when I got back to my place I had a terrible giddiness I almost fainted. A colleague gave me some water but it didn't help much... so after about an hour of suffering all of us decided to take me to the hospital. I was pale and weak. At the sorting room they tested my blood pressure and couldn't believe it, it was 60/30. They gave me a saline infusion and gave me a sugar drink (artificial juice). The doctor said it was dehydration, which makes no sense to me as my mom has the same symptoms while having bad migraines, and I was drinking ok. Also I was prescribed B12, because I said I am vegan.
I'm back home now, feeling much better, still light headed and weak and still blood preasure bellow 90/60 but not feeling sick anymore. I'm drinking sugary drinks as was suggested.
Original post by Kathy89
Worst migraine today - even went to the hospital.

I got up at 6am feeling week, drank coffee which made me feel better but still not very good, decided to take a train and bus to work, not to drive. On the way to work started feeling even worse. As soon as I arrived at work I was feeling so bad I had to cancel all the meetings, while sending messages to the clients I had to throw up, when I got back to my place I had a terrible giddiness I almost fainted. A colleague gave me some water but it didn't help much... so after about an hour of suffering all of us decided to take me to the hospital. I was pale and weak. At the sorting room they tested my blood pressure and couldn't believe it, it was 60/30. They gave me a saline infusion and gave me a sugar drink (artificial juice). The doctor said it was dehydration, which makes no sense to me as my mom has the same symptoms while having bad migraines, and I was drinking ok. Also I was prescribed B12, because I said I am vegan.
I'm back home now, feeling much better, still light headed and weak and still blood preasure bellow 90/60 but not feeling sick anymore. I'm drinking sugary drinks as was suggested.

Oh no that sounds horrific :frown: I use to always get to scared when being with my mum because she use to get the same kinda feeling but via labrynthitis :s-smilie:

Hope you are feeling better today? :redface: :console:
Reply 59
Today is better. Rested all the day. Had a minor headache.
My blood test was fine, even the B12, not sure why they gave me the pills if it is stable. Still I started taking it.
Tomorrow (today) I'm going back to work.
I guess it was weather and stress related migraine.

Food
Breakfast: Piece of chocolate cake and jasmine tea
Snack: Apple and banana
Lunch: Rice with eggplant and Sichuan souce, Burmese salad and lemonade
Snack: carrot
Dinner: Peas and lentils loaf. humus, pickles, some veggie salad
Snack: Tea and some sweets
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest