The Student Room Group

scared i have tss

last night at like 9pm i masturbated and put a finger in which i don’t usually do and i think i cut my vagina a bit? i’m not sure but 30 minutes after i started getting period cramps and my vagina was a little bit puffy. it’s 12 pm the next day now and the puffiness went away but i still sort of have cramping. i don’t think i have any of the tss symptoms but i overthink so i’m really paranoid. my vagina is also a bit sore today too. what could this be???
Reply 1
This is not professional medical advice - but an opinion based on common sense -

You wouldn't normally get a cut from just putting a finger in unless you have sharp or long fingernails? It could just be co-incidental that you get cramping because of an after effect of an orgasm if you had one. If you accidentally poked a nail up into the lining of your uterus (the nose like protrusion at the very top of your vagina) you may get some 'spotting' of blood.
If your vagina was 'puffy' was this more than normal, it may be a sign you have bruised the tissues? If you have caused a mild amount of trauma to your soft tissues like any bruise it will settle down in a few days. Just wash your self with a gentle PH solution or just use household salt dissolved in warm salty water (similar advice to new Mum's) If you start having any usual discharge from your vagina that smells offensive, if you get a temperature or fever with it, or undue pain where you would normally get any period pain then get some medical advice. Otherwise you will survive - probably in time to do it all over again? Be gentle with your body though, it does an amazing job and deserves some respect.
Reply 2
I'm not a doctor, but I can try to provide some general information that might help you. It's possible that the discomfort you're experiencing could be due to irritation or a minor injury caused by the activity you described. The vaginal area is sensitive, and any kind of friction or trauma can cause temporary discomfort or swelling. If you're concerned, it's always a good idea to consult a healthcare professional who can provide a proper evaluation and advice.

In the meantime, you can try some at-home care to alleviate the symptoms:

1. Take a warm bath or apply a warm compress to the area to soothe any discomfort.
2. Avoid any further irritation or friction in the area, including sexual activity, until you feel better.
3. Wear loose-fitting, breathable underwear and clothing to promote airflow and reduce irritation.
4. Consider using a water-based lubricant during sexual activity to minimize friction and potential injury.
5. Maintain good hygiene, but avoid using harsh soaps or douches in the vaginal area, as they can cause further irritation.

If your symptoms worsen, persist for an extended period, or you develop additional concerning symptoms, it's important to seek medical attention promptly. Only a healthcare professional can provide a proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment based on your specific situation.

Quick Reply

Latest