The Student Room Group

Funding DClinPsy

Hey, although I'm still only an undergrad I've been looking into my future options. After my degree (and possibly a masters) and some relevant work experience I would really really like to try my luck applying for the DClinPsy.

As I understand, this course is 'funded' by the NHS by the trainee being put on a salary? There is a mention on the clearing house FAQ about few international students being accepted due to necessary work permits to be on the NHS payroll.

Now, my query. I live on the Isle of Man. Would this affect my chances at all with getting on the course? I don't need a work permit to work in the UK, so that leads me to think my chances stand as good as any other UK student. However, I have a friend doing a nursing course, where she isn't eligible for a NHS bursary because she's from my island.

Is the DClinPsy only funded through the payroll, and therefore me being safe with no need for a UK work permit? Or would it be based on the same grounds as NHS bursaries?

Any feedback highly appreciated.
Now, my query. I live on the Isle of Man. Would this affect my chances at all with getting on the course? I don't need a work permit to work in the UK, so that leads me to think my chances stand as good as any other UK student. However, I have a friend doing a nursing course, where she isn't eligible for a NHS bursary because she's from my island.

Nope. Your chances should not be affected. We are on the payroll. There is a girl from the Isle of Man on the DClinPsy at my uni, and she gets paid the same as the rest of us.
Reply 2
Woop!!! thanks for posting, my concerns have been put to bed :smile: now I just have to worry about getting on the bloody thing!

Latest