The Student Room Group

Going to the gym alone

I am a 17 year old girl and recently started my local gym by myself. I just wanted to see if anyone has as tips on how to get rid of gym anxiety.

I have been once by myself when I joined and had no problems but lately I’ve been putting myself off from going.
It's just one of those things, the more you do it the more comfortable you'll get with going as it'll just become a habit and feel natural.
Reply 2
Go in there with a detailed plan of everything you're going to do so you don't feel awkward or really have time to overthink stuff
Reply 3
Original post by Faz2154
Go in there with a detailed plan of everything you're going to do so you don't feel awkward or really have time to overthink stuff

Thank you
Reply 4
Good luck!!!
Original post by Leahmitch
I am a 17 year old girl and recently started my local gym by myself. I just wanted to see if anyone has as tips on how to get rid of gym anxiety.

I have been once by myself when I joined and had no problems but lately I’ve been putting myself off from going.

I know this thread is a year old but for anyone else going through this I suggest listening to music
The more you go the more comfortable you will feel. I went at 20 stone + and felt bad but now I go after getting fit and losing weight and don’t even blink an eye

Quick Reply

Latest