The Student Room Group

Private Accomodation

Hey everyone,
I've applied to Manchester for 2008 through extra as i changed my mind about my course, so declined all my offers and decided to risk it with Manchester!
The only thing is out of all of the accomodation i've seen none of them have really appealed, and since i'll be applying for accomodation later than people who already have offers I doubt the chances of me getting the accomodation I like.

So I've been looking at UNITEDoes anyone here live in private accom. or know of anyone who does?

Thanks any advice will be greatly appreciated! :smile:
I know of a few people living in various unite properties - they are quite expensive especially with their price increases for this year. I live in private accommodation but not unite as I couldn't afford it - I live at MSV South - http://www.mcrstudents.com
Reply 2
Ooh thanks :smile:
Im just worried that not living in Uni accomodation may mean i'm left out of Uni things...if that makes sense? Have you and your friends found that, or does it not really matter?
It depends - I myself have had a great year as I'm with really nice flatmates, but I know a few people who have felt quite isolated in their flats in the first few weeks of term. With private accommodation you end up with all 3 manchester uni's - I'm the only one of my flat at MMU, but didn't really make much difference. Private halls don't tend to organise many social events which is a disadvantage though.

Latest

Trending

Trending