The Student Room Group

Accommodation

Hi all,

I have recently been accepted via the late March deadline to study at Oxford for my masters.

However, because I applied later, and have yet to hear back which college I got into, I am worried I will not be able to find accomodation for when the course starts.

I have tried searching online for some accomodation, however I am struggling to find halls, both private and otherwise, that won't put me onto a waiting list.

As I do not know Oxford, I do not really want to look for a house when I do not know anyone. However, I am now worried that I will not be able to recieve any halls accomodation from the Univeristy.

Is anyone else in the same boat and does anyone have any ideas on where I can go or what I should do?

Thank you
Original post by s0nd3r
Hi all,

I have recently been accepted via the late March deadline to study at Oxford for my masters.

However, because I applied later, and have yet to hear back which college I got into, I am worried I will not be able to find accomodation for when the course starts.

I have tried searching online for some accomodation, however I am struggling to find halls, both private and otherwise, that won't put me onto a waiting list.

As I do not know Oxford, I do not really want to look for a house when I do not know anyone. However, I am now worried that I will not be able to recieve any halls accomodation from the Univeristy.

Is anyone else in the same boat and does anyone have any ideas on where I can go or what I should do?

Thank you

I don't know how Ox College accom works, but unless you get an all PG college, the chances are they don't look at accommodation allocation until late August, after the UG places and allocations are sorted. I doubt any College is considering accommodation yet. Neither will the private market know which students are moving on this year and therefore what will be available for next year.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
I don't know how Ox College accom works, but unless you get an all PG college, the chances are they don't look at accommodation allocation until late August, after the UG places and allocations are sorted. I doubt any College is considering accommodation yet. Neither will the private market know which students are moving on this year and therefore what will be available for next year.

Okay, thank you, I hope so. Its just scary and nerve-wracking a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending