The Student Room Group

MPhil Environmental Policy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by virvirgogo
do you have any news yet? I just got moved to GAO today!

Hi Virvirgogo! Congrats! Great news :smile:

Would you mind sharing your background/profile (e.g. academics/work experiences etc.) generally?

I'm still holding my breath - I applied on Dec 3 as well but the portal still says under review by the Department...
Reply 41
do you have any news yet? I just got moved to GAO today!

Wow congratulations! So impressive! I have been put on a waiting list. Obviously would prefer to know the outcome of my application but better than an outright rejection at this stage!
Original post by matchaball
Hi Virvirgogo! Congrats! Great news :smile:

Would you mind sharing your background/profile (e.g. academics/work experiences etc.) generally?

I'm still holding my breath - I applied on Dec 3 as well but the portal still says under review by the Department...

Oh, I keep my fingers crossed! I read somewhere that the Department of Land Economy tends to be very slow at processing the applications! There is still a lot of hope and good luck. Keep us updated if you have any news. :-)

My profile: B.A. European Studies (focus on European Law and Investment Regulation) at a no-name University (graduated with a first-class/higher second class) and currently enrolled in a Data Science Master in Germany. During my Bachelor's, I worked for almost two years as a Research Assistant at the Law Faculty and interned 6 months at an Argentinian women's rights NGO that engages in water and land rights projects in Latin America. Since last summer I work at a Strategy Consultancy where I focus on water-economies and infrastructure projects. Plus a ton of extracurricular activities. I am not one of the ones that have a straightforward CV - it took me some years to figure out what I want and maybe that was what made my profile interesting.
(edited 3 years ago)
Oh, I keep my fingers crossed! I read somewhere that the Department of Land Economy tends to be very slow at processing the applications! There is still a lot of hope and good luck. Keep us updated if you have any news. :-)

My profile: B.A. European Studies (focus on European Law and Investment Regulation) at a no-name University (graduated with a first-class/higher second class) and currently enrolled in a Data Science Master in Germany. During my Bachelor's, I worked for almost two years as a Research Assistant at the Law Faculty and interned 6 months at an Argentinian women's rights NGO that engages in water and land rights projects in Latin America. Since last summer I work at a Strategy Consultancy where I focus on water-economies and infrastructure projects. Plus a ton of extracurricular activities. I am not one of the ones that have a straightforward CV - it took me some years to figure out what I want and maybe that was what made my profile interesting.

Hi Virgogo, thanks for sharing :smile: I've been moved to GAO today as well :smile:
Hi Virgogo, thanks for sharing :smile: I've been moved to GAO today as well :smile:

That is amazing! Congrats. See you in October then ;-)
I received an email this morning that my application was “placed in waiting” does this mean I’m on the waitlist?

Hi, matchaball, if you don't mind, may I ask how long did it take for your application status to change? I submitted my application in late November but the references came in late December, and my application status became under review in late January, so I am wondering whether the earlier applications were under review before or after the Christmas break.
Original post by Cinnnnabar
Hi, matchaball, if you don't mind, may I ask how long did it take for your application status to change? I submitted my application in late November but the references came in late December, and my application status became under review in late January, so I am wondering whether the earlier applications were under review before or after the Christmas break.

Hi Cinnnnabar

I submitted my application on Dec 3 (on the day of the funding deadline), and it went into under "Review by Department" a couple of days later. And then next came "Awaiting approval by GAO" on Feb 1.

My references were submitted on Dec 2.

Hope this helps and wishing you all the best. Let me know if there's anything else you'd need.

Regards,
- Matchaball
Hi Cinnnnabar

I submitted my application on Dec 3 (on the day of the funding deadline), and it went into under "Review by Department" a couple of days later. And then next came "Awaiting approval by GAO" on Feb 1.

My references were submitted on Dec 2.

Hope this helps and wishing you all the best. Let me know if there's anything else you'd need.

Regards,
- Matchaball

Got it. Thank you very much for the information!
Hi all,I applied in mid-December (shortly after the funding deadline) and became “under review” in early January (about the first week). It’s been over two months since I’ve been under review—haven’t been waitlisted or rejected yet. Just wondering if anyone has any guesses what this could mean!
I applied in early January to meet the Gates Cambridge deadline and heard that my application was 'put in waiting' on my portal it says that it's under review. I have no idea what it means to be 'put in waiting' but I guess it's a waitlist? My guess is that you'll hear back when they process the next pool of applicants I'm a little surprised they haven't gotten back to you yet, however. Could mean your application is further along the review pipeline than mine, which is a good sign, I think :-)

Original post by asongsong
Hi all,I applied in mid-December (shortly after the funding deadline) and became “under review” in early January (about the first week). It’s been over two months since I’ve been under review—haven’t been waitlisted or rejected yet. Just wondering if anyone has any guesses what this could mean!
Original post by envirostudent21
I applied in early January to meet the Gates Cambridge deadline and heard that my application was 'put in waiting' on my portal it says that it's under review. I have no idea what it means to be 'put in waiting' but I guess it's a waitlist? My guess is that you'll hear back when they process the next pool of applicants I'm a little surprised they haven't gotten back to you yet, however. Could mean your application is further along the review pipeline than mine, which is a good sign, I think :-)

I believe “put in waiting” means waitlist—congrats you’re almost there! But yes, I am surprised my application doesn’t seem to be following the same pattern or route that others are but I guess I will just have to wait it out and see. Thanks so much!
Hey everyone, I just got accepted at Wolfson College. I was allocated there after I got rejected from my first and second choices (Newnham and Caius).

I am in a similar situation, applied in late December and became under review in mid January. Haven't heard back at all. Really anxious..
Hm...I guess people who applied after the funding deadline but before the new year are in a different batch perhaps? My best guess is that our apps will be reviewed again with those who apply right before the deadline in a few weeks. Don't be too anxious :smile:
I believe “put in waiting” means waitlist—congrats you’re almost there! But yes, I am surprised my application doesn’t seem to be following the same pattern or route that others are but I guess I will just have to wait it out and see. Thanks so much!

i can only assume that allocating a supervisor can also delay the offer - they don't make one if they did not have found you a supervising person yet :-)
(edited 3 years ago)
i can only assume that allocating a supervisor can also delay the offer - they don't make one if they did not have found you an supervising person yet :-)

Great point! I’ll keep you all updated :smile:
Reply 57

Hello. I have been following this thread for quite some time now and it seemed that no one seemed to be facing what I was. I am really glad to have found your post. My application timeline is exactly the same as yours and my application has also been under review since early January.

The wait has been making me really anxious :frown: Should I brace myself for a disappointment?
Original post by beehee
Hello. I have been following this thread for quite some time now and it seemed that no one seemed to be facing what I was. I am really glad to have found your post. My application timeline is exactly the same as yours and my application has also been under review since early January.

The wait has been making me really anxious :frown: Should I brace myself for a disappointment?

I'm in this exact position too!! I'm hoping no news is good news...
Reply 59
Original post by beehee

This forum happened to be a lucky charm for me. I got moved to GAO within half a day after making this post! I am truly very relieved and so excited!

Original post by confusedboop
I'm in this exact position too!! I'm hoping no news is good news...

It is indeed! You'll hear back from them soon. Cheering you on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending