The Student Room Group

MPhil Environmental Policy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by beehee
This forum happened to be a lucky charm for me. I got moved to GAO within half a day after making this post! I am truly very relieved and so excited!

It is indeed! You'll hear back from them soon. Cheering you on!

Congratulations on getting moved to GAO!! Do you mind sharing a bit of your academic background and any work experience?
Original post by beehee
This forum happened to be a lucky charm for me. I got moved to GAO within half a day after making this post! I am truly very relieved and so excited!

It is indeed! You'll hear back from them soon. Cheering you on!

Yay congrats! I haven’t heard anything yet but cheering the rest of you on ~
Haven’t heard anything yet either about this program except that I didn’t make it for the Gates Scholarship 🥵 good luck everyone!
Reply 63
Original post by Lab1000
Congratulations on getting moved to GAO!! Do you mind sharing a bit of your academic background and any work experience?

Thanks! Sure.

I am currently in my final year of undergraduate study at an Asian university. I will be graduating this May with a BSc in Environmental Sciences, and am expecting to graduate with the UK's equivalent of first-class honors (fingers crossed!). I have been involved with research related to human-environment interactions, environmental health, and water and waste management throughout my undergrad years, where I have worked as a research intern (with two different educational institutions, one month with each of them) and have gotten the chance to co-author a few papers with some of my professors. I have also served as a TA for two courses. Last summer, I completed the Credentials of Readiness, offered by the Harvard Business School online, where I had passed with high honors. Plus a few other extracurricular activities but I reckon my research experience and academic performance may have helped strengthen my application.

Really really excited to begin classes next fall! Have been in a daze since yesterday. Wish everyone all the best!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 64
Hello everyone. Extremely embarrassed to be informing you all this, but turns out my application didn't get moved to GAO. I hadn't check my portal and took the recent email from the Postgrad Admissions as a sign of offer (especially because of the conditions booklet and how they had phrased some of the sentences). Apparently, everyone seems to have received this and it was merely a poorly worded email to ask applicants not to constantly send them emails that have been answered in their admissions pages.

Again, extremely embarrassed and very sorry for misinforming you all. I guess I better revert to the mentality- no news is good news (after I recover from the disappointment :frown:).
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by beehee
Hello everyone. Extremely embarrassed to be informing you all this, but turns out my application didn't get moved to GAO. I hadn't check my portal and took the recent email from the Postgrad Admissions as a sign of offer (especially because of the conditions booklet and how they had phrased some of the sentences). Apparently, everyone seems to have received this and it was merely a poorly worded email to ask applicants not to constantly send them emails that have been answered in their admissions pages.

Again, extremely embarrassed and very sorry for misinforming you all. I guess I better revert to the mentality- no news is good news (after I recover from the disappointment :frown:).

beehee <3 no worries! no need to feel embarrassed. It is a very tense process. The mail was very confusing. I keep my fingers crossed hoping to share classes with you in October. :smile:
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if anyone had heard back from the postgraduate admissions office and/or had a status change within their applicant portal since the hard application cut-off (02/03/2021 - I think...)?
Hey! Actually just heard back this morning that my application was unsuccessful. I am sure you all will start hearing back soon as this must be a sign they have started reviewing. Best of luck to everyone!
I haven't heard anything except that my application was "placed in waiting" about a month ago. I have no clue what that means. @asongsong I'm so sorry to hear it, I hope you will find another program that you love. Glad we are all on the same path of caring about the environment and trying to weave it into our career and our studies.
Reply 69
I haven't heard anything regarding my application either.

@asongsong I am really sorry to hear the news. Seconding what @envirostudent21 said, I am certain you'll find one that you're gonna love and enjoy! Wishing you all the best!
Original post by asongsong
Hey! Actually just heard back this morning that my application was unsuccessful. I am sure you all will start hearing back soon as this must be a sign they have started reviewing. Best of luck to everyone!

Thank you for letting us know and sorry to hear the news - certainly becoming a more competitive field, but its encouraging to hear that more and more people are applying to this and other similar courses, I hope you find the studies and career that you are searching for. Best of luck!
Reply 71
Myself and another course mate haven't heard back yet and we both applied a month before the deadline. Waiting is killing me!
Reply 72
Hello. Was wondering whether there are anymore updates from the past week.
Original post by nb92
Myself and another course mate haven't heard back yet and we both applied a month before the deadline. Waiting is killing me!

Hey! Totally agree. I feel like at this point, the wait is far more mentally exhausting than a rejection would be (not that I'd prefer that lol). Best of luck to you and your friend, @nb92!
Hi friends, just wondering has anyone heard back? For me it's been over 12 weeks and I emailed the department last week but have't got any response so far. Hating this long wait..
Reply 74
Original post by Cinnnnabar
Hi friends, just wondering has anyone heard back? For me it's been over 12 weeks and I emailed the department last week but have't got any response so far. Hating this long wait..

No response yet :frown: I've also been sitting on review for over 12 weeks. I'm glad you mentioned that you emailed them regarding an update. I was contemplating emailing them today but I guess I won't be receiving a response anytime soon.

I wonder whether applications will be reviewed during Easter? I heard Easter breaks start from this week, but I am not so sure.
Haven't heard anything back either :frown:
Original post by beehee
No response yet :frown: I've also been sitting on review for over 12 weeks. I'm glad you mentioned that you emailed them regarding an update. I was contemplating emailing them today but I guess I won't be receiving a response anytime soon.

I wonder whether applications will be reviewed during Easter? I heard Easter breaks start from this week, but I am not so sure.

Hi I just got the reply, basically nothing useful...

The exact words are "The application process can take between 8-12weeks, however during busy periods and with the office working from home there may be a delay. You will be updated via your applicant portal once the office has been informed of the decision."
Original post by Cinnnnabar
Hi I just got the reply, basically nothing useful...

The exact words are "The application process can take between 8-12weeks, however during busy periods and with the office working from home there may be a delay. You will be updated via your applicant portal once the office has been informed of the decision."

Ah... They've been quite curt with their responses, it surely wouldn't hurt for them to be a bit more patient and explanatory. Thank you for sharing :smile:
Reply 78
Hello everyone! I got moved to PAO a few hours ago!

Thank you everyone for your positivity and words of encouragement and comfort. I really appreciate you all.

Special thanks to @vivirago for sending positive vibes my way when I made that embarrassing mistake a month ago. <3 Looks like we'll be meeting in October after all!
Original post by beehee
Hello everyone! I got moved to PAO a few hours ago!

Thank you everyone for your positivity and words of encouragement and comfort. I really appreciate you all.

Special thanks to @vivirago for sending positive vibes my way when I made that embarrassing mistake a month ago. <3 Looks like we'll be meeting in October after all!

What a huge relief, congratulations, I hope all goes well for you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending