The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Best student accommodation for city views

Applying for accommodation next month but I really want a room with some city views. I hear it’s the Mary Struges residences that have some good ones. How high do I have to go to get that (floor wise)? Hate stairs (my legs lmao) but love city views a lot!
If you can get Lakeside block A (where I was the first year) then the kitchen has a brilliant view of the bullring and city! Although you will have to be quite a few floors up.

However, I believe there is little say in which floor and block you are allocated to. Also, all the accommodations have lifts so don't worry about that.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Kash24411
If you can get Lakeside block A (where I was the first year) then the kitchen has a brilliant view of the bullring and city! Although you will have to be quite a few floors up.

However, I believe there is little say in which floor and block you are allocated to. Also, all the accommodations have lifts so don't worry about that.

Isn’t Lakeside only for returning/postgraduate students?
Original post by dinodash99
Isn’t Lakeside only for returning/postgraduate students?

Not sure! It wasn't when I applied though that may have changed.
Not sure! It wasn't when I applied though that may have changed.

It seems to be the case now haha it does look quite nice though.

Oh, right. Forgot to ask, how was the social life in Lakeside? Is it any different and how many other students were in your flat?
Hey Guys,

We hope you are well and you're all looking forward to starting University in September :smile:,

Just to let you know, we are Student Roost a student accommodation near the Aston area, we have two properties in this area both are a 5 min walk from Aston Uni, Our accommodations in this area are called The Heights and The Old Fire Station.

We are also a 10-15 min walk from the center of Birmingham and are local to all best landmarks in Birmingham i.e The Bullring etc,

We have different room types available such as En-suites (3-6 bed Cluster flats) , studio bronze and silver. If you would like to find out more information from us then please head over to our website for any enquiries or even to book a viewing! Our website is www.studentroost.co.uk

Good Luck Everyone!!

Quick Reply

Latest