The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i need 99 ums - so basically i need full marks or i can drop like a maximum of 3marks depending on the rest of the country. Hope you all do terribly = lower grade boundaries =D (jst kiddin :P)
Try the january paper.. I think i might have just edged into an A* but i need 93 UMS for an A* and 100+100 on P3 and C2 lol..
Because these papers aren't as easy as everyone thinks they are. I can get AAA with 69 71 76 so im happy as it is.

also thats without taking two resits in those multiple choice things
Yeah im talking in UMS. Its also fun when you have to teach yourself the whole syllabus for most subjects :biggrin: probably im 'only' getting an A (sets up gallows)

Its structured like this for me

B1A 40
B1B 43
B2 84 (i didnt like that paper at all)
B3 ?

C1A 39
C1B 36 (restting)
C2 ?
C3 84

PHY 1A 34 (resitting)
PHY 1B 45
PHY 2 73 (I got caught out A LOT during that paper)
PHY 3

All ISAs are at apparantly 100 marks, but my teacher said its not 37 raw marks+ = 100/100 ums, so im unsure what to say on that one, people on TSR have said it is. My ISA raw marks are at 37/38/40 so im not sure if i get 100 in all 3 or not.

I doubt they'll be dropping the A* boundary though. Very, VERY unlikely due to them having to change the whole specification. I hate these AQA sciences with their bull**** how science works parts and the way they just try to catch you out on papers, by doing a whole question right then dropping marks because you didn't multiply an answer by 4.
trance addict

All ISAs are at apparantly 100 marks, but my teacher said its not 37 raw marks+ = 100/100 ums, so im unsure what to say on that one, people on TSR have said it is. My ISA raw marks are at 37/38/40 so im not sure if i get 100 in all 3 or not.

Yeah 37+ is 100 UMS.
is that above 37, or including 37?
Including 37
Man i feel like an idiot compared to everyone on these forums getting full marks in everything :frown:
Reply 48
trance addict
Try the january paper.. I think i might have just edged into an A* but i need 93 UMS for an A* and 100+100 on P3 and C2 lol..

I got 36 in the jan paper :s-smilie:, but 41 in the spec :biggrin:

Also i think i may need lesss than 99ums cause my teacher gave me my isa mark as a percentage so that would mean 36/40 = slightly higher ums?

I hope anyway.
Does anyone know how much 32/33/34 on the ISA is in UMS?
moody28028
Does anyone know how much 32/33/34 on the ISA is in UMS?

If thats without PSA, it scales to 38 39 40, exact same results as mine, a clean 100/100/100:cool:
trance addict
If thats without PSA, it scales to 38 39 40, exact same results as mine, a clean 100/100/100:cool:

That is with PSA actually, I did quite badly in Biology/chem ISAs, but got 37/40 on physics = 100 UMS. The teachers for biology/chem never mentioned how much psa we got, but I presume I'll get 6. But, I can't remember exactly what I got so I wanted it for 32/33/34.
Well at the moment my results in Biology stand as

B1a - 50/50

B1b - 48/50

ISA- 97/100

B2 - 93/100

So basically, what do I need to get on the next exam for an A*? And I think my teacher is totally messed up. She says as a total the course is out of 400, and you need 360+ marks for an A* (90%). Is she right?
She is right. You probably need like a C to get an A* overall. I wouldn't worry if I were you.
Just calculated it for you: You need 72 UMS, which is a very low B.
Yep 72 UMS. As about 65%=90 UMS you'll probably only need half marks or less to get an A*. Why do you think your teacher is messed up :s?
Reply 55
Just to clarify on one point in B3:

In anaerobic respiration (human), is water produced along with lactic acid as well ?

Because in our textbook, the "Key Points" section states that anaerobic does indeed produce water as well - but in the word equation on the previous page, only lactic acid and energy are produced.
cyborg
Just to clarify on one point in B3:

In anaerobic respiration (human), is water produced along with lactic acid as well ?

Because in our textbook, the "Key Points" section states that anaerobic does indeed produce water as well - but in the word equation on the previous page, only lactic acid and energy are produced.

Yes, water is produced. Are you using the aqa textbook? Because if you are, above the main word equation it mentions that water is produced.
do we need to know about the layout of the heart and all that stuff for b3 as it is in the textbook but the syllabus is really vague over that bit....?
Reply 58
I think the lactic acid production, along with energy, will be the more important 'point' being examined.

Additionally, does anyone know why the 90UMS boundary is only at 65%?
Because B3 is "hard". I find it much easier than B2 though, wish the boundarys would swap round. I've got to revise both tonight:rolleyes:

Latest