The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was forced to take it too!

I have 2 days to study after chemistry :P so I'm gonna have to fit it in somewhere else as well

How well did you do in your project?
Reply 2
55/60, I'm relying on it because I cannot do the multimedia unit to save my life :frown:
Reply 3
oh my goodness its the worst! I hate unit 2, but i think networking is alright actually. The class was soooo boring
Reply 4
We had a pretty brilliant teacher. I got 60/60 in the project, and we're doing networking too. I agree though, boring as...
Reply 5
its still 24%!
Reply 6
92/140
Reply 7
I got the highest prelim mark in my year for Computing (94%). I'll stop gloating now. :tongue:

Last year the mark needed for an A was 137 (out of 200). Subtract 48 from 137 and you get 89. You need 89/140 for an A (or maybe a couple more/less marks).
Reply 8
58/60. Got 9 days after Physics to study for it so not worried, although I really find the course uninteresting.
Reply 9
With the new Higher, they're trying to achieve a balance of 70/60/50/40% across the bands, so it may creep up a bit. Do you know what the A band 1 cut off was/is?
Reply 10
Computing's second nature to me but I loathe it. I didn't even want to take it this year, it was a choice between French, Geography or Computing... Blech.

It's so boring. XD

Anybody else doing AI? I wish we'd done networking, I was looking through past papers and was familiar with most of what was creeping up. AI is all completely new to me. Damn, learning is so annoying!
Reply 11
Multimedia sucks!

I hate this subject but I'm good at remembering stuff from it so I should be able to pull off a B in the exam
Reply 12
90% in 1st prelim(units 1,2,3) doing networking as the third,
hate studying it as I can never get all the course covered, just too big, but exam is not all that bad, could be better though.
58/60 in coursework
We have the worst teacher ever, in fact its difficult to call her a teacher. The whole course has been totally self study on my part, everyone else has failed.
Reply 14
I'm doing Advanced Higher Computing, all the questions are the same so I'm hoping for an A :]

I remember Higher though, mean Higher :[
Reply 15
I was gonna take AH, but then I smacked myself and reminded myself how much I hate the subject and the teachers
Reply 16
My Higher teacher was abysmal, practically the whole class failed save some. The teacher who does Advanced Higher was much nicer and actually good, plus I needed another subject and there was no way in hell that I was going to take Advanced Higher Music...

I'll stop my life story now.
What was your coursework on?
Reply 17
I hate my teacher and I'd get him for AH, my Maths teacher is much nicer :smile:

Erm, I actually can't remember, oh yea, it was a fitness club thing I think? Or was that the practice?
Reply 18
It was the BMI counter thingy. I finished the program in 45 minutes: last years was way harder :smile:
Reply 19
Last year we had booking seats on an airplane, that was not fun!

Latest

Trending

Trending