The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

2019-2020 Fall Start University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kcaron816
Hey Sami :smile: what’s your Instagram username?

Hey :smile: it’s @samirarnr
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Hi, I'm Chris. I'll be joining y'all from September 19. I have applied for M.Sc Oil and Gas Enterprise Management. You may find me on Instagram on @christophersolomon if you'd like to chat.

By the way has anyone booked their Accommodations? I've seen some pretty bad reviews on the Uni's Accommodation. If anyone has done their r&d, please let me know.
Hey Chris, i’m Christiana and i’ll Be studying Law. I’ve already booked my accommodation at Fyfe House, Hillhead! My insta is @taslikception. I’ll message you x
Original post by Christopher1995
Hi, I'm Chris. I'll be joining y'all from September 19. I have applied for M.Sc Oil and Gas Enterprise Management. You may find me on Instagram on @christophersolomon if you'd like to chat.

By the way has anyone booked their Accommodations? I've seen some pretty bad reviews on the Uni's Accommodation. If anyone has done their r&d, please let me know.
Reply 23
Hey holly, I will be studying computer science, it would be great to chat.
Do you have ig or any other social media?
Reply 24
Hey holly! My name is Kelsey and my Insta username is cosettenorth1, I’d love to chat
Original post by holly2202
hey guys! i’m holly and ill be studying music at aberdeen this september!💖would be great to get to know you guys✨
Hello all,
I am really glad you are connecting with each other. You might like to visit the International Facebook page and get acquainted with the International Centre as they run a few events and drop in sessions to meet people. We also have a bit of information about settling in to Aberdeen. You will get correspondence about when and where to register and information about your induction, IT, courses and so on in due course, but you might also like to read about it beforehand.

Don't forget to take a look at the Aberdeen University Student's Association groups and societies as there is plenty going on at AUSA to meet each other and other students too! You will also be invited to plenty of accommodation events whether you stay in accommodation here or not, and here on campus there are a good range of events on weekly for all tastes. If you like keeping fit join the Sports Village which is over the road from Kings College and offers you most indoor and outdoor facilities you need to keep fit or compete with an Olympic sized swimming pool.

You may also like to read about the area generally, and things to do if you get a chance to do a bit of sightseeing whilst you are here! Some of the places are local and easy to get to by bus or walking or cycling. Enjoy your time at our beautiful campus and see you soon!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey Holly! Would be lovely to chat with you! What are your social medias? We have a group chat on insta if you’d like to join? x
hey guys! i’m holly and ill be studying music at aberdeen this september!💖would be great to get to know you guys✨
Reply 27
Original post by Kcaron816
Hey,
My name is Kelsey Caron. I'm a student from America coming to study Art History at the University of Aberdeen. I saw that there was no discussion for the students starting in Fall of 2019, so I thought I'd start one. It would be nice to form new connections before arriving to Scotland.

Hey Kelsey, I’m Kristen and I’ll be studying history at Aberdeen! My instagram is kristen_nicolson if you’d like to chat before uni 😁
Reply 28
I just added you :smile: I’m cosettenorth1
Original post by kn2019
Hey Kelsey, I’m Kristen and I’ll be studying history at Aberdeen! My instagram is kristen_nicolson if you’d like to chat before uni 😁
hi
I'm Dorothy and I'm going to start French and International Relations in September at Aberdeen. I was wondering whether any of you know about a Facebook groups for Aberdeen freshmen for 2019. I heard that there are already Facebook groups for the Halls of Residences but I will be living off campus so it's difficult to find any of my future peers.
Original post by DorottyaEmese
hi
I'm Dorothy and I'm going to start French and International Relations in September at Aberdeen. I was wondering whether any of you know about a Facebook groups for Aberdeen freshmen for 2019. I heard that there are already Facebook groups for the Halls of Residences but I will be living off campus so it's difficult to find any of my future peers.

Hey :smile: I know that there is one called “University of Aberdeen Freshers 2019/20” but it’s a bit inactive.
You’re welcome to add me on insta and we can talk a little :smile: I’ll also be studying international relations
My insta is @samirarnr but no pressure :smile:
Thank you! I have found the Facebook group and added you on Insta :smile:
Original post by samiontheroad
Hey :smile: I know that there is one called “University of Aberdeen Freshers 2019/20” but it’s a bit inactive.
You’re welcome to add me on insta and we can talk a little :smile: I’ll also be studying international relations
My insta is @samirarnr but no pressure :smile:
Reply 32
Bonjour Dorothy! Je parle française un peu. Ajoute-moi à insta si tu veux parler: cosettenorth1 :smile:
Original post by DorottyaEmese
hi
Hi everyone, my name is Feride and I will be starting the Psychology BSc course in September :smile: I would love to meet other freshers, feel free to add me on instagram! My username is feride_akalan
Original post by ChristianaHRC
Hey Kelsey,
my name is Christiana (Christy) and I'm hoping to start at Aberdeen this coming year too. Would be great to get to know some people before I arrive so we're not completely alone! I'm currently living on the West Coast of Scotland and am going to be studying Law.
I'm glad you created this!
Would be nice to get to know you, Christy :smile:

Hey Christy! I’m studying law too this September, moving in from Derry in Northern Ireland! Would love to get to know you. Are you staying in halls?
Courtney

Hey! I'm Miles and I'll be going to Aberdeen to study sociology and religious studies! My insta is miles_toon :smile:
Original post by MilesToon12
Hey! I'm Miles and I'll be going to Aberdeen to study sociology and religious studies! My insta is miles_toon :smile:

Hello all,
We have loads of activities on campus when you arrive to ensure you all get to know as many people as possible. To get you started here is a list of places to go and meet people when you arrive:

Aberdeen University Students Association - they have loads of societies and clubs to get involved in. They are run by committee and you can become a committee member by becoming involved. If they don't have the exact activity you want to enjoy, you can start a club or society and gain significant experience for a Star Award and for your CV. It is a lot of fun so do go along!

There is also an International Centre, where you can relax, meet people and enjoy activities they put on throughout the year. You will meet people from all over the world there, so definitely worth checking out!

If you feel like you could do with some extra support or just a mentor or buddy there is a scheme called Students4Students here. The students who help you have already been studying for a little while in your School. They can offer you a friendly face, someone to run ideas or challenges by, someone to ask the direction to somewhere, in fact they can help you with a lot of things that are new to you.

If you are in student accommodation here, and even if you are not, there are loads of exciting activities on such as cookery classes, themed nights, learning how to make or do something and so on. There will be something for everyone!

On top of all of these activities, if you still have time left in your day do take a look at the events held at the university in our news section. There is always something very interesting on. You can expand your knowledge, interests and meet even more people!

Have a great time!
hh
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 38
Hey Remy,
Most of us are staying at hillhead I believe. I’m from Michigan, feel free to follow me on Insta: cosettenorth1

-Kelsey
Reply 39
Hey guys, I'm Mashal and I'm going to study Bsc Biomedical Sciences at Aberdeen this September! I'd love to get to know other students before uni starts :smile: my insta is mashal_waheed_

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending