The Student Room Group

UCAS Accounts and New/Returning Student

Hi
So my question is simple but the background isn't.

* Do I need to make a new UCAS account if returning to the same University to do a different course after taking a year off? *

I originally started at Uni in 2020 doing Forensic Science. I did 2 years and decided this wasn't where I wanted to go with my life plus my mental health was crap, so I decided to take a year off and am returning to the same University this year to do a completely different course. University helped me to sort all this from making my decision to my acceptance on this near course.

Student Finance is being a pain, they cancelled my application for funding because they say I am not a returning student as I am not returning to the same course and so I am a New Student. I'm having to complete the paper PN1 as doing it online doesn't allow for the right information (they've told me I have to do it this way)

So it asks me for a UCAS number. Because I am going back to the same University directly with their help and acceptance, I haven't had to apply through UCAS, I don't know if my original UCAS number is still valid or if I have to apply again just to get a reference number. Or if I can use the old one. I tried to log in to UCAS but can't get into anything.

Nothing is ever simple is it. Thanks in advance for any replies.
If your original application was in 2019/20 then yes you will need to make a new account to use the Hub.
Once that’s done the Hub is designed to be linked to multiple applications but it was introduced after you last applied.

Has your university said that you need to make a new application to start the new course? It’s their decision whether they will require that or not.

Student finance doesn’t link to anything based on your ucas number. If you aren’t being asked by your university to create a new application then use the old number of the SFE form.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If your original application was in 2019/20 then yes you will need to make a new account to use the Hub.
Once that’s done the Hub is designed to be linked to multiple applications but it was introduced after you last applied.

Has your university said that you need to make a new application to start the new course? It’s their decision whether they will require that or not.

Student finance doesn’t link to anything based on your ucas number. If you aren’t being asked by your university to create a new application then use the old number of the SFE form.

2020/2021 was my first year so its after the date you mentioned, no the university never said anything, when making the decision back in May 22 I spoke to different people and they helped me suspend for a year so I could get myself sorted and then they gave me the info about the course, I've been and chatted with the course tutor and he accepted me onto the course. I've had an email to confirm that.

The PN1 form for SFE has a section that says "About the course and university or college" and under that it asks for UCAS Uni code and UCAS Personal id number. Based on what you've said that the Uni haven't asked us to create a new account I will use the old number. Thank you for your help,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending