The Student Room Group

University of Aberdeen - waiting for CAS Letter

I have received an unconditional offer for The MBA course at the University of Aberdeen and accepted the offer in March. Since then I have been waiting for the CAS Letter.Is this delay normal? especially since I am an international student and still have to apply for the visa/book accommodation and flight and pay the tuition fees.Appreciate it if anyone can share his/her insight/experience as it is very stressful since we are in July already and whenever I follow up with the admission team they say there are no specific timeline for the issuance and it is still under processThank you!
Original post by husseinali
I have received an unconditional offer for The MBA course at the University of Aberdeen and accepted the offer in March. Since then I have been waiting for the CAS Letter.Is this delay normal? especially since I am an international student and still have to apply for the visa/book accommodation and flight and pay the tuition fees.Appreciate it if anyone can share his/her insight/experience as it is very stressful since we are in July already and whenever I follow up with the admission team they say there are no specific timeline for the issuance and it is still under processThank you!

This is fairly normal. Unis don't start issuing CAS numbers until June time onwards.

Is your offer unconditional and have you paid any deposits needed?
Since September intake has passed, May I know when did u get it?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
I'm also waiting for the CAS. Can you tell me delay in days before it arrived?
Original post by Gauthamsg
I'm also waiting for the CAS. Can you tell me delay in days before it arrived?

Hi, thanks for posting about this. We won't be able to get you an exact timeline but can give some advice that may be useful. At this point though thank you for your patience!

The admissions team are issuing CAS for September 2023 offer holders now. There are steps students need to make sure they have completed before it can be issued. Please look here to find out what you need to do before receiving it: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/international/certificate-of-acceptance-of-studies-cas-2020.php
CAS are issued to unconditional offer holders who have accepted their offer and require a Visa. While you are waiting, please keep an eye on your emails in case we request any additional information from you. Unfortunately, we cannot confirm a timeline for you as we are dealing with an extremely high volume of CAS letters at the moment. As long as you have accepted your offer and have provided the requested information you will be issued your CAS, and we thank you for your patience in the meantime.

I hope this is helpful, and let us know if you have any questions!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending