The Student Room Group

Southampton or Surrey

Wow I’ve never felt more uncertain about this choice. It feels straightforward to firm Southampton and Surrey which I was intending, but I must say I’ve had a great deal of fun at Surrey’s applicant day today. I’m really engaged with one lecturer in particular who still remembers me from last year when I visited on an open day.

However, I am going to Southampton’s applicant day on Tuesday. So I guess I’ll make a proper decision then.

Is this complete nonsense? My offers follow a nice row from Southampton: A*AA/AAA Surrey: AAB/ABB for electronic engineering with MEng and BEng being separated between the offers.

I’m just a bit lost 😖
What do you prefer about Southampton? The fact is has higher entry requirements is, on its own, a negative.
Reply 2
It felt more ambitious for me and accommodation is nicer. Opportunity to move further from home. I will go and compare course structure and module opportunities since the facilities are rather important for my interest in mobile consumer electronics and communications which Surrey has a 5G research facility.

I’m certainly not going to make a rushed decision after the Southampton applicant day on Tuesday.

Definitely glad to have gone to this applicant day in Surrey
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest