The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BillyLiu
*in robotic voice*

Kill....kill....kill...

Haha, joke. Xenu = Scientology god? I never knew that! :p:

Well he's more like a prehistoric super-powerful alien that brought billions of people to Earth and killed them all with hydrogen bombs.

Or so they say. :rolleyes:
I'm more of an ex anon. Don't really go there anymore :p:.
Reply 422
Well as they say Higgins, you can take the man out of /b/, but you can't take the /b/ out of the man! :wink:

I sense this topic is becoming rapidly divergent.
Reply 423
ukdragon37
Did anyone get the drift that I chose the name "Xenu" because it's the name of the Scientologist "god"? (I hope there's no scientologists on here :s-smilie: )

I'm a scientologist :smile: Now...

Give me your money :indiff: Or suffer the consequences :indiff:
Jord91
I'm a scientologist :smile: Now...

Give me your money :indiff: Or suffer the consequences :indiff:

Hahaha :p:.
Reply 425
Original post by &#9500
Hahaha :p:.

Seriously :sly:

lol, I'm kidding btw :blush:
Reply 426
For the LED question i thought it was blue bcoz its a negative voltage and the yellow is in forward biased and that would just pull the depletion layer furthur apart while the blue LED is reverse biased and would conduct with a negaive voltage
Reply 427
i thought the LED question was blue bcoz it was a negative voltage and the blue was in reverse biased so surely it would conduct.....the yellow was in forward biased and a negative voltage would pull the depletion layer further apart
kotsikos
For the LED question i thought it was blue bcoz its a negative voltage and the yellow is in forward biased and that would just pull the depletion layer furthur apart while the blue LED is reverse biased and would conduct with a negaive voltage

Nope if it is negative voltage then yellow is forward-biased and blue is reverse-biased. Current flow (from lower voltage terminal to higher voltage terminal, in this case Vo=-2.1V to 0V) into the bar bit on the LED not the triangle.
I wrote it was the yellow LED because i had no idea what one it was and just guessed :p:. For my explanation i said because the output voltage is negative and current will flow from the 0v. Would that get me any marks? haha
:s-smilie:

Well you got the correct answer and justified it by saying the voltage is negative, but the current won't flow from 0v and you didn't mention the yellow LED is forward biased if voltage is negative/cathode connected to current source etc.

1 out of 2 I would say
That's alright. It's 1 more than what i expected :smile:.
Reply 432
I didn't say forward-bias :s-smilie: I just said the yellow LED was in the correct position to allow the negative output voltage to pass through where as the blue was the wrong way around :s-smilie:

do you think I would get the marks :confused:
I'm not sure. Examiners are sometimes very harsh about the wording of explaination questions :frown:

I think you will get credited if you give some kind of description about the orientation of the LED (it's in forward-bias, "correctly connected", cathode/anode etc.) but of course I don't know exactly what the correct wordings will be.

Just hope for the best and if you have shown you know the physics in the question they will sure to give you the marks :wink:
Would it have helped if i attached a £20 note onto my paper? haha
Original post by &#9500
Would it have helped if i attached a £20 note onto my paper? haha

Probably not, the SQA sorts the papers I think before they are sent out to markers (by Royal Mail I heard, so there's a chance of bags of scripts lying on a marker's front door unattended). And in any case, the marker could just pocket the £20 and still mark you wrong, there's no way you can force him to uphold his end of the bargain.
ukdragon37
Probably not, the SQA sorts the papers I think before they are sent out to markers (by Royal Mail I heard, so there's a chance of bags of scripts lying on a marker's front door unattended). And in any case, the marker could just pocket the £20 and still mark you wrong, there's no way you can force him to uphold his end of the bargain.

You seem to be taking this bribery rather seriously! :p:

The LED question seems to be causing quite an uproar around here! Good thing I was doing the far simpler Advanced Higher this year. :wink:
Captain Biggles

The LED question seems to be causing quite an uproar around here! Good thing I was doing the far simpler Advanced Higher this year. :wink:

As you keep on mentioning....

:p:
Meteorshower
As you keep on mentioning....

:p:

Just thought I'd keep everyone up-to-date, y'know. :wink:
Captain Biggles
Just thought I'd keep everyone up-to-date, y'know. :wink:

It's old news now :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending