The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Optometry

I was wondering if anyone knew if not having work experience will impact my application as i am finding it very difficult to get work experience due to COVID.
It shouldnt do
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Original post by Anonymous
I was wondering if anyone knew if not having work experience will impact my application as i am finding it very difficult to get work experience due to COVID.

Hey!! I have a conditional offer for optometry at Glasgow caledonian with no work experience :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!! I have a conditional offer for optometry at Glasgow caledonian with no work experience :smile:

Hey, i know this was more than a year ago but i was just wondering if you did higher/nat 5 physics in school. Just want to know how vital it is for the course
Reply 4
No I had neither nat5 or higher physics however In first year there is a module which is physics related so if u have the choice to do it, it may help to a certain extent. The people on my course who did do physics found it slightly easier at the start but a lot of it is new content for them aswell. So I would say having physics may make it slightly easier at the start however wirh studying even those without physics are able to keep up
Reply 5
Original post by lol3452
No I had neither nat5 or higher physics however In first year there is a module which is physics related so if u have the choice to do it, it may help to a certain extent. The people on my course who did do physics found it slightly easier at the start but a lot of it is new content for them aswell. So I would say having physics may make it slightly easier at the start however wirh studying even those without physics are able to keep up

Thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by lol3452

Sorry for another question but what year are you in now for optometry? and did you get an unconditional or conditional?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending