The Student Room Group
Reply 1
This is sort of like what happened to me, I applied for 5 courses and then had option to study the same course part-time and work for a company and get paid and they would pay my fees and stuff, so naturally this is what I did!!
So I had to withdraw my application for that Uni and change it to a part time option, which was done through the Uni itself rather than UCAS..

The main problem with your scenario is that you have already sent off your application and therefore you cannot make any changes, If there is a similiar course at Sunderland then Id go for that because at the end of the day its better than only having 4 choices..
The only other thing I would advise you to do would be to phone both UCAS and the Uni and discuss it with them as they may be able to bend the rules in one way or another..

Finally, look for another course which would have been your other option if you was able to change the Sunderland offer to a different one, and speak to the University personally about applying, as said before they may be able to bend the rules given your situation. After all, they do want you to be studying there - thats how they get paid lol..

Good Luck anyway..
Reply 2
I've applied to do social work, if it was any other course then i probably would take them up on this offer but to be a social worker i need to do this degree.
I already have another uni lined up so thats easily changed.
I guess i'll have to wait until tuesday to find out what i can do then
Don't withdraw, that removes the WHOLE application.

You can apply for additional courses through EXTRA (check the UCAS website for courses in extra), or wait untill results day when you can apply through CLEARING.

DO NOT WITHDRAW! The unis are using confusing language, they just mean you should give up applying to them. Once you make 5 choices but don't/cant go to them, you can make one other choice in extra. If the extra choice rejects you, you can make another choice (and so on).

If you withdraw, you will not be able to go apply again till next year.

Don't worry, you still have the chance to go to uni this year! (Though you should have applied to extra faster, but lots of people don't realise it is even there).

Some useful links for you (read them :smile:):
EXTRA: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UCAS_Extra
CLEARING: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Guide_to_Clearing

Latest

Trending

Trending