The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

will withdrawing my epq affect my UCL offer?

i have an offer for psychology at UCL and got my EPQ mark yesterday. i want to withdraw my EPQ but the deadline for this is the 22nd 🤕 i’ve contacted UCL to ask if it would affect my offer but it said it would take them 10 working days. should i just withdraw it anyways?
Reply 1
Original post by saesqqi
i have an offer for psychology at UCL and got my EPQ mark yesterday. i want to withdraw my EPQ but the deadline for this is the 22nd 🤕 i’ve contacted UCL to ask if it would affect my offer but it said it would take them 10 working days. should i just withdraw it anyways?

If they don't respond by the deadline you have, I would really recommend not withdrawing it. I think it could be worse than going ahead with the EPQ and getting a bad grade, because if you withdraw that's a permanent decision and, without UCL's input, it could risk your offer - whereas doing the EPQ anyways and getting a bad grade is less harmful.

Additionally, it's most likely that your offer does not rely on your EPQ grade at all, just your A-Levels (or equivalent). The only way it affects it is that doing an EPQ helped make your application stronger. It's unlikely that they will withdraw your offer based on the EPQ nevertheless. If you dropped an A-Level that would be a different situation though.

I hope everything goes well!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by mbanksel
If they don't respond by the deadline you have, I would really recommend not withdrawing it. I think it could be worse than going ahead with the EPQ and getting a bad grade, because if you withdraw that's a permanent decision and, without UCL's input, it could risk your offer - whereas doing the EPQ anyways and getting a bad grade is less harmful.
Additionally, it's most likely that your offer does not rely on your EPQ grade at all, just your A-Levels (or equivalent). The only way it affects it is that doing an EPQ helped make your application stronger. It's unlikely that they will withdraw your offer based on the EPQ nevertheless. If you dropped an A-Level that would be a different situation though.
I hope everything goes well!

thank u so much !! i called them just now and they said if it’s not part of my offer then withdrawing it should be fine though 😊
Reply 3
Original post by saesqqi
thank u so much !! i called them just now and they said if it’s not part of my offer then withdrawing it should be fine though 😊

Glad to hear it! Good luck with everything ☺️
Reply 4
Original post by mbanksel
Glad to hear it! Good luck with everything ☺️

thank u !! good luck to u too 😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending