The Student Room Group

can i withdraw my ucas application and apply for a different subject

i chose to do law initially but now i want to apply to some other unis to do another subject. im still in the 14 day period so would i be able to withdraw my entire application and reapply or would i have to substitute my choices and send the unis my new personal statement ??? im rlly confused my teachers told me i could withdraw my application and resubmit it but idk 😭
@PQ @McGinger @Admit-One

Do any of you know whether you can withdraw an application within first 14 days.
I would be inclined to call UCAS and check the process rather than hitting withdraw.

Edit: See below, don’t withdraw via Hub.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by momoiairi
i chose to do law initially but now i want to apply to some other unis to do another subject. im still in the 14 day period so would i be able to withdraw my entire application and reapply or would i have to substitute my choices and send the unis my new personal statement ??? im rlly confused my teachers told me i could withdraw my application and resubmit it but idk 😭

DON’T withdraw. You need to CANCEL your application and request a refund.

Once that’s done you can then submit a new application
Reply 5

what reason would i put for me cancelling my application there isnt one that applies to my situation
Original post by momoiairi
what reason would i put for me cancelling my application there isnt one that applies to my situation

You have to lie.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
You have to lie.

im so srry but which one would i choose ?? dont they all like indicate that youre not gonna apply again so wont they find it weird that im applying again 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending