The Student Room Group

Memory Pills ...

A friend of mine goes to me "Every morning, before studying, after breakfast take a memory pill. Then don't watch Discovery or NG channels, or read magazines, your memory will retain it, not good before exams.Study for about 1 hour before bed, it has been proven what you read at night is retained in your memory."

So any one ever tried memory pills ? ... Do they work ? What r the side effects ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any "memory pills" will be crap and will only have psychosmatic benefits.

Don't take anything without knowing exactly what it is. A good diet and decent sleep should be all that's needed.
Reply 2
Judging by that one of the side effects is that you talk nonsense afterwards.
Reply 3
Falcon_2007
A friend of mine goes to me "Every morning, before studying, after breakfast take a memory pill. Then don't watch Discovery or NG channels, or read magazines, your memory will retain it, not good before exams.Study for about 1 hour before bed, it has been proven what you read at night is retained in your memory."

So any one ever tried memory pills ? ... Do they work ? What r the side effects ?

Huh :confused:
Reply 4
lol @ memory pill.

Creatine has shown to increase memory though.
Hahah^^

How about you revise the normal way? o_o
There's those Gingko Biloba tablets, which are herbal, I think
(Ironically, I can't remember if that's the right name or not)
Reply 7
Only a fool would buy these. What a joke.
My dad got a junk mag through the post the other week with it full of pills to cure whatever diseases and illness it could think of. Laughable

Stay well away from all that cr*p.
Reply 8
Amy_J
Judging by that one of the side effects is that you talk nonsense afterwards.

LOL - Nice.
Reply 9
Yes be carefull which one you take though, take the red pill and there is no going back!!
Reply 11
Polymorphing

How much are they?

I think it would be cheaper just to get bog standard 200 pills for like 4 pounds of essential amino acids.
Reply 12
I agree 'The Randomer'..

I take Gingko Biloba every other day and it helps my concentration immensely
Think about it this way....if memory pills did work....
1) they will cost a whole load of money
2) the whole world will be buying them

But seeing that this is not the case.....ill just keep revising:cool:
Reply 14
Yeah i'll revise the normal way also .. works for me ... is it a fair way though ? I can see drug testing happening before the exams lol ...

Although is has proven to work ... it was on BBC
Reply 15
unknown12341
Think about it this way....if memory pills did work....
1) they will cost a whole load of money
2) the whole world will be buying them

But seeing that this is not the case.....ill just keep revising:cool:

Is that sum "The Real Hustle" logic...?
Reply 16
Falcon_2007

Although is has proven to work ... it was on BBC

No. That wouldn't have proven they had genuine benefits. Most of them might as well be a sugar pill, a placebo.
Reply 17
Well they must help in some way because the governments been talking about giving students random blood tests :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Polymorphing

Do you think they work?
Reply 19
creatine!

Latest