The Student Room Group

Please help me with my budget

post removed
Reply 1
Why (and how) are you splitting the cost of a train ticket across three months?

I can understand splitting a one-off expense across three months -- but it doesn't make sense to do that with something you're buying every week! Just factor that weekly expense into your weekly budget.

How much is your train ticket, and have you looked at whether you could be saving money by getting a railcard (assuming you're eligible for one -- you might not be)?
Reply 2
Original post by martin7

I can understand splitting a one-off expense across three months -- but it doesn't make sense to do that with something you're buying every week! Just factor that weekly expense into your weekly budget.

How much is your train ticket, and have you looked at whether you could be saving money by getting a railcard (assuming you're eligible for one -- you might not be)?

Just to add -- if you're travelling in once a week, and assuming that's the same day every week (e.g. a Wednesday), then in any given calendar month you'll be going in either 4 or 5 times. As there are 52 weeks in the year, you'll be going in (on average) 52/12 = 4.33 times per calendar month.
Original post by martin7

yes I was confused at the OPs reason for doing it like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending