The Student Room Group

Has anyone tried to do GAMSAT and ucat together?

hi so I want to apply for GEM, and I know that Nottingham take a lot of people in (not as many as warwick but still a lot) and Sunderland have asked I sit the GAMSAT since I dont have good A levels and my maths GCSE left me a bit short, so I was wondering if it's too late to prep for the gamsat now, or just focus on ucat only courses, like Newcastle, Warwick, Southampton etc? And whether anyone has successfully got accepted having completed 2 exams in one year, and sitting the gamsat in September, not knowing your result.

thanks very much!
Yes, many people do both. I did the UCAT at the start of August so that I could properly focus on the GAMSAT after.

The GAMSAT is a much bigger undertaking than the UCAT and you will likely have to work very hard from now until September to have a chance of doing well (obviously this depends on your starting point to a certain extent). I started studying for the GAMSAT in January, but took July out to prepare for UCAT, coming from a non-science background.
Reply 2
thank you!I guess just looking at the preparation is making me really anxious 😅 I'm a biomed graduate so I'm okay with the biology side and section 1 but not enough to do well. I suppose I could do practice questions see what it's like.
Reply 3
Original post by username3901812
Yes, many people do both. I did the UCAT at the start of August so that I could properly focus on the GAMSAT after.

The GAMSAT is a much bigger undertaking than the UCAT and you will likely have to work very hard from now until September to have a chance of doing well (obviously this depends on your starting point to a certain extent). I started studying for the GAMSAT in January, but took July out to prepare for UCAT, coming from a non-science background.

Can you share your full story of how you got into medical school without having non science degree and can you also tell us how to prepare for ucat because I’m preparing for gamsat but I also want to try to apply for ucat included universities but I can’t seem to find what exactly to prepare for ucat.

Latest

Trending

Trending