The Student Room Group

Worcester Graduate Medicine 2024

Although it is not clear on their website, Worcester are not currently admitting any Home students for Graduate Entry Medicine 2024. Might save you spending time looking at something that may not run!

Scroll to see replies

Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Is it definitely not open for home grad students?
Reply 3
Original post by Pinkiepie1601
Is it definitely not open for home grad students?

Wasn't open for 2023. Best check direct with uni to see if things have changed. They were waiting for funding decisions.
Reply 4
I'm sure I read somewhere that they were able to offer a small number of places to home students in 2023 - I think 20. They place emphasis on students who live within the three counties geographical area in their decision making as well so hopefully home students will be able to apply for 2024. I've registered to their online open event at the end of September so hopefully they'll clarify.
Reply 5
Sorry, I meant 2024. They told me that funding was an issue and they were waiting to hear if they would get the money to cover home students. Like you say, maybe the online open day will clarify. Fingers crossed.
Original post by tijaashley
I'm sure I read somewhere that they were able to offer a small number of places to home students in 2023 - I think 20. They place emphasis on students who live within the three counties geographical area in their decision making as well so hopefully home students will be able to apply for 2024. I've registered to their online open event at the end of September so hopefully they'll clarify.
Reply 6
Original post by Treasure61
Sorry, I meant 2024. They told me that funding was an issue and they were waiting to hear if they would get the money to cover home students. Like you say, maybe the online open day will clarify. Fingers crossed.

Hi - is there any update on this? Worcester is available for selection in UCAS right now for Home/EU students.
Reply 7
I hope they can give a definite answer at the online open day. If they have re-opened to Home students then how many places do they have? You could try emailing them if you need to know sooner.
Thank you for your interest in GEM at Three Counties Medical School (Worcester).
We are open for home and international students for 2024 entry. We have no cap on international places, however we only have 16 home places this year.
(20 home and 24 international students were admitted in Sept 2023)

There are three upcoming open days where you can meet us and ask questions:
Tuesday, 19 September 2023 3-4pm - Virtual / Online event

Saturday 30 September, 10-2pm Open Day (in-person and on campus)
Wednesday, 04 October 2023 3-4pm - Virtual / Online event

For more detail please visit our website: https://www.worcester.ac.uk/courses/medicine-mbchb
Thank you to all of those interested in applying to Three Counties Medical School at Worcester. I hope the virtual open day on Sept 19th and our in person event Saturday 30th, were helpful. It was certainly lovely to see so many of you!

As you may have seen, we have now been offered 50 government funded home places for 2024 entry.

There is another virtual open day this afternoon at 3pm, you can register here:

https://www.worcester.ac.uk/about/events/graduate-entry-medicine-at-worcester-online-event-oct

If you can come to our in person event on OCt 28th, you can meet some of our first year medical students who are also standing by to answer any queries . You can register for that one here

https://www.worcester.ac.uk/study/open-days/

Look forward to seeing you soon.
Reply 10
Original post by kay mohanna
Thank you to all of those interested in applying to Three Counties Medical School at Worcester. I hope the virtual open day on Sept 19th and our in person event Saturday 30th, were helpful. It was certainly lovely to see so many of you!

As you may have seen, we have now been offered 50 government funded home places for 2024 entry.

https://www.worcester.ac.uk/about/events/graduate-entry-medicine-at-worcester-online-event-oct

If you can come to our in person event on OCt 28th, you can meet some of our first year medical students who are also standing by to answer any queries . You can register for that one here

Are the 50 places just for 2024? Will there be another 50 for 2025? This announcement has been made so late many will already have applied elsewhere or decided to wait a year.
Original post by Treasure61
Are the 50 places just for 2024? Will there be another 50 for 2025? This announcement has been made so late many will already have applied elsewhere or decided to wait a year.

Once government funding decisions are made, it applies every year or even goes up. So yes, in 2025 there will be at least 50 home places.
Reply 12
Did anyone receive an interview?
Reply 13
Original post by 44748

Not so far
Reply 14
Original post by 44748

not yet, hopefully they email soon
Reply 15
Original post by 44748

Not yet

Good morning to all those interested in MBChB @ TCMS!

We have been delighted with the number and calibre of all of those applying to us and have now finished shortlisting all current applications. Letters will be coming out soon inviting you to sit for CASPer (Feb 15th) and book in for interviews (First week of March). Applications for home places closed on October 15th.

International students, with an apptitude test in hand, are welcome to continue to apply until January 31st, through UCAS.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Good morning to all those interested in MBChB @ TCMS!

We have been delighted with the number and calibre of all of those applying to us and have now finished shortlisting all current applications. Letters will be coming out soon inviting you to sit for CASPer (Feb 15th) and book in for interviews (First week of March). Applications for home places closed on October 15th.

International students, with an apptitude test in hand, are welcome to continue to apply until January 31st, through UCAS.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Hi thank you for letting us know! When you say letters will it be a physical copy or an email?
Original post by EmilykT1903
Hi thank you for letting us know! When you say letters will it be a physical copy or an email?

It will be via an email, yes.
Avoid this university!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending