The Student Room Group

ALevel Media Coursework...

Helllpppp!
I have no idea wot to do for my courswrk!The independent study thing!! Ive got a few films id like to do...but i dnt know WHAT to do about them!!! So, here are the list im thinking bout:
Resident evil
Leagally Blonde
Will and Grace
Friends
Cats & Dogs
28 Days Later
Monsters Inc

okay, thats my list...but what kinda questions could i do on any of them?!
Please help!
Thanx xxxx
Reply 1
What is your coursework? Cos with different boards you get set different things... I was with AQA so I can help you with that If you are too.

Btw.. AQA's coursework was to make a film/documentary at AS and an essay on the role of women in films and how they have changed.

Ellie
Reply 2
I'm also stuck on my A Level Media Coursework, I want to do 'Does the media really influence anti-social behaviour?' However I cannot find any information on the subject. Someone Please Help!!!!!

btw... I'm with WJEC
Reply 3
Tigger1986
I'm also stuck on my A Level Media Coursework, I want to do 'Does the media really influence anti-social behaviour?' However I cannot find any information on the subject. Someone Please Help!!!!!

btw... I'm with WJEC

I'm with WJEC too and doing films, Donnie Darko, Minority Report and Planet of the apes.... My question being 'how do science fiction films use realism to make them more beleivable?'

We've just been told to do our first draft and the main things we've been told to put in are the analysis of all our audience research (uses and gratifications, Audience pleasures, Effects theory) All the theoretical arguments we're going to question and talk about (basically qoutes from academics/directors ect.) and the close analysis of all your films (depends on your question)

As for the person choosing a question, I'd first choose a genre of film. It makes it alot easier to consentrate your research. I chose science fiction. Also try and choose films which are quite different within that genre so your can compare and contrast them easilly > donnie darko > minority report, totally different < but are in the same genre so you can still use the same theoretical arguments.

Sci fi is usually the easiest genre to find theories and quotes on, as i'v found, so i'd go for that one.
God, i do media (WJEC) and we don't start our cwk till after Christmas! do any of ya's do exams in january for media?

Latest

Trending

Trending