The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Religous Studies

Hey

I was just wondering after looking at a few posts on here is it possible to not revise some subjects of the specification for example leave out life after death or free will and determinism...just for example

As you know you only get a few questions on the exam paper, is it possible to leave a topic out and still have enough info to answer the questions

Thank you for your time and answers much appreciated
xxxx
x
xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah...but if you can't do the other questions, then you're screwed
Reply 2
I'm gambling and only briefly revising religious language. :s:
Reply 3
I :suith: religious language

I'll probably gamble and not revise free will and determinism that well though :p:
Reply 4
I like free will and determinism :p:! haha.

I can't believe it's so soon :cry:
Reply 5
Bah, I hate it.

Love the conscience though.
Reply 6
Conscience, Miracles and Religious Exp are my fave! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 7
Free will and determinism is probably one of the easiest topics, so it should be possible to get a decent overview so you have it as a backup, even if you dont feel confident enough to make it one of your main topics.
Reply 8
Some people might not find it easy though. Different people pic up different things also I find how interested you are in a topic affects whether you pick it up easily.
Reply 9
That's true. Although with that particular topics you only really need to know half a dozen points in total so do a decent essay on it, whereas with other topics because of their greater complexity you need to know more. I didn't phrase it very well - but there's certainly less to learn, and memorising the main points are sufficient as a backup.
Reply 10
yeah I def wouldn't ignore a subject, thats just stupid. :p:
Yes! I tihnk thats the general point, regardless of anything else! I dont know whether you have seen the syllabus, but some schools don't teach the whole syllabus, only most of it so that they can focus in more detail on the areas they do study. (not sure how widespread this is, but ive heard so many stories from various people about topics they hadnt even heard of coming up in exams) You dont want to cut corners if you can help it in case your school does this and the questions you can do dont come up!
Reply 12
My teachers give us a syllabus.

We haven't been taught Psychology and Sociology but its okkkkkkk.
Reply 13
if you miss one topic out per paper it should be fine. e.g. i am missing out the teleological argument (we did both ethics paper in AS and doing both philosophy papers in A2) and body and soul.
Reply 14
I looove Free Will and Determinism...hehe...sounds sad doesn't it, but there's loads to write about it as we spent ages on this topic! I hate, hate, hate Religous Language and War and Peace so have only briefly revised these two topics. To be honest we get 4 questions per paper and it's unlikely they would set two questions on the same topic! I hope anyway!!
Reply 15
We havent done scripture/religious language!!
Its 2 out of 4 questions?? (philosophy)
I hope its life after death and miracles! wooo!
I wouldn't risk not learning anything!
I'm not revising the symbol part of religious language cause it came up last year and I think it's rubbish anyway!
Reply 18
my teacher told us that if there was a topic which u did not feel too comfortable about not to be too concerned because you have a choice of 4 questions so even if it did come up there are 3 other choices you have
Reply 19
what are the papers like? - my teacher has told me, but me and remembering important information generally tend to be of the non-mixey variety. How many questions do we get and how many do you have to answer?

Latest

Trending

Trending