The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Look at the mark schemes on the OCR website, near the end they have UMS and raw mark boundries listed near the bottom of the PDF
Reply 21
foundation and transport papers are a gift, but the human health is difficult, and i dont know why.
and the 9 marker question for jan 08 was on immunity! the one i was hoping for, came an exam paper too early. now its blatantly going to be on sports science, which for some reason i find impossible
Sports science, what sort of things will be in that one?

Its maybe also some problems with eradicating a certain disease, i've not seen that one for a while
sports science includes how your heart and lungs respond to aerobic exercise and the benefits to your heart, lung, muscles and health. Those are the key points and oh yeh the key words such as tidal volume etc.
Chapter 13 then (in my course book anyway)
Reply 25
yh, its entitled 'gaseous exchange and exercise' in the book, but thats posh for sports science in my view
i really need to revise for this, spent too much time on transport
Reply 27
The way to pass HDD is to MEMORISE the mark scheme. There are literally 5 different points you can memorise which apply to any of the long answer questions, whether it's HIV, malaria or anything else. e.g. educate people.
Reply 28
Just wondering if anyone can summerise some of the points that you can apply to the long question eg eradicating a disease? I know I know that I should do that hard work myself but it's difficult coz i still have a chemistry and 2 maths paper to revise. Any help would be great!
Reply 29
To erradicate a disease;

- Identify people effected with said disease
- Isolate/quarantine infected people
- If disease is easily transmistable, all infected people must be shot down to provide safety to those who are not infected.
- Promptly bury the dead bodies to prevent spread
Reply 30
workandstudy1
dont know when the hhd exam is.. but i did it in jan and got 100% and i thought i should share something with u all
PAST PAPERS PAST PAPERS PAST PAPERS
AND MARK SCHEMES
seriously
that is the only way

good luck to u alll
and pls pls pls look carefully at the mark schemes... (esp recent ones)
:smile:

(fingers crossed for u all)

wow full marks!!! well done!! god...i wish i could get that!! theres so much to learn and i havent had a chance to look at papers andthat but im gonna do it now! any ideas where to get pastpapers from as the two i knew arent working now!!!

good luck to everyone on their exams too, i think we'll all be toasting to some freedom after them all! hehe
Reply 31
what topics do people think are going to come up??? im getting really panicky about this paper now
gyrase
To erradicate a disease;

- If disease is easily transmistable, all infected people must be shot down to provide safety to those who are not infected.
- Promptly bury the dead bodies to prevent spread

Extreme maybe ring vaccination method or mass vaccination but killing people? Not a great soln
Reply 33
Can anyone help clear an uncertainty up for me?
I’ve just be revising the terminology in the Human Health & Disease module and I’m confused about the difference between Prevalence and Morbidity rate. In my book it has the definitions as:
Prevalence = the number of people in a population suffering from a particular disease at a particular time, regardless of when the disease was first recognised.
Morbidity rate = the number of people who are suffering from a particular disease in a given time. It is normally expressed as the number of people suffering from the disease divided by the number of individuals in the population.
I keep going over it and I just can’t see the difference between them, can anyone help me please? My other text book doesn’t even mention morbidity rate :s
'emz :
']the difference between Prevalence and Morbidity rate

I'm not really sure - I had never noticed this before, but now you pointed it out it is odd. My guess would be that they're basically the same thing, but you use the words in different contexts? Like you can say that "a disease is prevalent in this country" but you can't really say "a disease is morbid in this country"? Or can you... :s-smilie:

I found this on a website...
"Prevalence is a measure often used to determine the level of morbidity in a population."

That is even more confuzing - can anybody else please clarify??:confused:
Reply 35
What the ? ...

There not the same thing. Prevalence is how common the disease is in an area, morbidity rate is how likely a person is to die from the disease/or the severity of the disease.
Reply 36
gyrase
morbidity rate is how likely a person is to die from the disease/or the severity of the disease.

i think that's mortality rate isn't it?
Reply 37
'emz :
']i think that's mortality rate isn't it?

Anyhow, the definition of morbidity is close to that of mortality than prevalance,

Lets put it this way, morbidity rate measures how likely people are to get the disease, prevalence is how many have got the disease.
yes emz is ryt..... mortality rate is how many people die from a certain disease.

anyway it doesn;t matter about these definitions. i have never seen a paper where they ask for a definition in about 10 years of papers so you don't even need it...
Reply 39
I so hope the essay question is NOT on Sports science! Please be on a disease (malaria, TB, cholera, AIDS)

Does anyone have any ideas on what will come up though?

Latest

Trending

Trending