The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Birkbeck MRC DTP 2024

Has anyone applied for the UCL Birkbeck MRC DTP? If yes, have you received any update?

Scroll to see replies

It is too early, I suppose... However, I've seen they updated the dates of interviews (12-26 February).
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
It's too early for now, I suppose. However, I've seen they updated the info on the dates for interviews (12-26 February).
Reply 3
Original post by Hippocampus1
It's too early for now, I suppose. However, I've seen they updated the info on the dates for interviews (12-26 February).

Yeah it’s probably early for anything now but it would be nice if we are informed earlier so we can have a bit more time to prepare for the next stage.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by bobisnic3
Yeah it’s probably early for anything now but it would be nice if we are informed earlier so we can have a bit more time to prepare for the next stage.

I think we can be sure that we'll have at least one week before the interview. So, we can expect the message at any time in the next three weeks, depending on when they want to interview us (if they want at all). If we are unsuccessful, I think they will inform us even later. Anyway, I saw the chats of applicants from previous years, and we definitely shouldn't expect that the dates will be perfectly defined and so if you decide to write to them, they can say that ok, we will inform you on 12th Feb, but they will not be on time anyways. So, if you have a good application, I recommend just start preparing right now, but perhaps not too hard, and if you are invited to the interview, then you can squeeze the maximum from your preparation.
Original post by Anonymous #1
It is too early, I suppose... However, I've seen they updated the dates of interviews (12-26 February).

I know I'm not in the right thread but do you guys have idea about dates of interview for the Oxford MRC DTP ? Thanks !
still waiting to hear back. Good luck everyone
Original post by bobisnic3
Has anyone applied for the UCL Birkbeck MRC DTP? If yes, have you received any update?

New dates for interviews:

INTERVIEWS DATES - DTP
[start]Experimental and Translational Medicine 20th February[/start]
[start]Fundamental Mechanisms of Disease 20th and 21st February[/start]
[start]Health of the Public 19th February[/start]
[start]Neuroscience and Mental Health 26th and 27th February[/start]
[start]INTERVIEW DATES - iCASE[/start]
[start]Laura McCoy's project - 12th and 13th February[/start]
[start]Martin Tisdall's project - 16th February[/start]
[start]Caroline Sabin's project - 21st February[/start]
[start]Jennifer Pocock's project - 22nd February[/start]
Which themes have everyone applied for? I've applied for Fundamental Mechanisms of Disease
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Hippocampus1
New dates for interviews:

INTERVIEWS DATES - DTP
[start]Experimental and Translational Medicine 20th February[/start]
[start]Fundamental Mechanisms of Disease 20th and 21st February[/start]
[start]Health of the Public 19th February[/start]
[start]Neuroscience and Mental Health 26th and 27th February[/start]
[start]INTERVIEW DATES - iCASE[/start]
[start]Laura McCoy's project - 12th and 13th February[/start]
[start]Martin Tisdall's project - 16th February[/start]
[start]Caroline Sabin's project - 21st February[/start]
[start]Jennifer Pocock's project - 22nd February[/start]

Thank you :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by chanye.west
Which themes have everyone applied for? I've applied for Fundamental Mechanisms of Disease

I also applied for the Fundamental Mechanisms of Disease so we could hear back in two weeks time possibly
(edited 2 months ago)
Can’t wait
Original post by chanye.west

Neuroscience and mental health...

Does anyone know is this program very prestigious/competitive? I'm not from UK so have no clue :smile:
And what is generally better UCL-Birckbek MRC or UCL Wellcome mental health program?
Anyone received anything or is it still early ?
Original post by Anonymous #4
Anyone received anything or is it still early ?

I haven't heard anything yet either. They did say early-mid Feb applicants would be contacted so hopefully soon
Haven’t heard anything yet
I wonder if we'll find out this week? Good luck all
Original post by Anonymous #5

Doubt it
Original post by Anonymous #5

I think it would depend on which stream you applied for but most of them should reply next week as interviews for most people are the following week.
One week to prepare for an interview is not enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending