The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cool beans :smile:

Heres to hoping!!!!
Reply 101
_mad_moo_
Thanx, i'm sure ur durham one will come soon. My durham one is my highest offer, so what do u mean?

Meant Oxford, sorry. Obviously wasn't really with it that day...
Reply 102
YAY DURHAM OFFER!!! :biggrin: Got AAB from my first choice college - Chad's. Eases the pain of Cambridge rejection somewhat!! Don't give up if you're still waiting to hear, I'm sure nice shiny offers are on their way!
darn it, duram are obv going to have on history candidate.... and there goes my dream :frown:
i'm in the process of switiching my application from econ/politics to history at all the universities i applied to including durham... i was accepted for econ/poli there but decided that the course was too boring. :smile:

the AAB offer above gives me some optimism about it... though i'm still completely pessimistic about getting in there. oh well, at least i've got st. andrews...
Reply 105
AlRP
YAY DURHAM OFFER!!! :biggrin: Got AAB from my first choice college - Chad's. Eases the pain of Cambridge rejection somewhat!! Don't give up if you're still waiting to hear, I'm sure nice shiny offers are on their way!

Well done !! Very, very jealous but big congratulations to you :smile: I think im going to be rejected.. :frown:
Reply 106
Doolally
Well done !! Very, very jealous but big congratulations to you :smile: I think im going to be rejected.. :frown:

Hey, things aren't too bad. You've had on offer from Bristol, I haven't, I've had an offer from Durham, you haven't. We're pretty much equal to be honest!!
Reply 107
Look at my first post.
Based upon the body if my first post does anyone know where best Uni for me to apply too?
Reply 108
AlRP
Hey, things aren't too bad. You've had on offer from Bristol, I haven't, I've had an offer from Durham, you haven't. We're pretty much equal to be honest!!

Hehe true true, I'm pretty much set on wanting to go to York anyway, so a Durham offer proabably wont actually make that much difference. Is durham your first choice?
Reply 109
Doolally
Hehe true true, I'm pretty much set on wanting to go to York anyway, so a Durham offer proabably wont actually make that much difference. Is durham your first choice?

Not really sure what my first choice is but I suppose thinking about it Durham probably is - strong reputation and I've heard good stuff from people who go. Have you already been on a York open day? I'm going on one in March; seems good but being only about 20miles away could be a bit close (to home and parents!) for comfort!!
Yay! Finally Warwick has answered:

Warwick - History (V100) - AABc
_mad_moo_
Yay! Finally Warwick has answered:

Warwick - History (V100) - AABc

Hey, me too!

Just logged onto UCAStrack, I have an offer from Warwick for ABBc (although I already have the "c"!) for French and History.

Think that may be my insurance if Durham say no!
Reply 112
AlRP
Not really sure what my first choice is but I suppose thinking about it Durham probably is - strong reputation and I've heard good stuff from people who go. Have you already been on a York open day? I'm going on one in March; seems good but being only about 20miles away could be a bit close (to home and parents!) for comfort!!

Lol its the other end of the country for me, so im pretty safe! Yeah i went to York last week and absolutely loved it..but I havent been to any other unis yet, got Cardiff next week, then notts, then bristol. Don't think i can be bothered to go to southampton to be honest!So we'll see..But at least i know i won't be upset when/if the rejection from durham comes as i thought i would have been before i went to York! Have you been to Durham yet? I;ve never actually been, i just love the sound of it!
Reply 113
That's odd that you like york. i thought the town was lovely but the campus was like a big hospital!
Reply 114
charmingp
That's odd that you like york. i thought the town was lovely but the campus was like a big hospital!

Hmm, well it was the atmosphere that I really liked, i just got a feeling that I could see myself there..everyone I talked to loved york, loved their college and they all seemed really friendly. I was probably lucky in that I got to sample the nightlife too, and I also had really friendly guides to show me round the place who were really helpful.
But, as i said, i haven't got another uni to compare it with yet, as it was the first open day I had..so we shall see!
I loved York the city but the uni (no offence ne1) was disgusting and horrible. It was just a concrete jungle with a man made lake with loads of duck poo that smelt. I saw quite a few of the halls as well and they were a bit scanked up. I changed my mind totally and didnt put it down, it was just too nasty.
Reply 116
Doolally
Well done!! But wheres it for?!
Better add this here...
Bristol - History - v100 - AAB

My offer was for Bristol too :smile:
alro
everywhere else seems to have one so i thought the historians should to :biggrin:

just post the usual stuff. Good luck to everyone waiting! (including me!)

I've heard back from all of mine except for York! (It's getting on a bit in the new year now so I'm guessing they aren't interested!) Has everyone else on this thread received offers from their first choice/second choice?

- Charlotte
_mad_moo_
I loved York the city but the uni (no offence ne1) was disgusting and horrible. It was just a concrete jungle with a man made lake with loads of duck poo that smelt. I saw quite a few of the halls as well and they were a bit scanked up. I changed my mind totally and didnt put it down, it was just too nasty.

Lol. I went on an Open Day last year and loved the city, like you, but I wasn't very impressed with the campus halls either. Nevertheless - the course really does look amazing. (Shame I haven't heard back from them yet!) :smile:
Reply 119
Hey whiteredrose, how come durham only asked you for AAB, i thought the typical offer was 3a's.

Latest

Trending

Trending