The Student Room Group

I am not getting offer letter after selecting in HSBC

I gave interview in HSBC for the position of Trainee Software Engineer and my last interview was on 22 feb 2019. After interview, HR called all the 13 selected candidates to a conference room and he said that in next week, you all will receive documentation mail definitely after that we will release your offer letter.

So after that, we didn't receive any from their side and after two weeks 4 out of 13 got documentation mail but after that only 1 got offer letter rest didn't. Then after 20 days again they sent documentation mail to 3 candidates. So at last till now only 7 out of 13 got offer letter and they joined also.

Now 6 are remaining till now, it's already been 3 months. Now, one of my friend who joined, he asked to HR, they said that our requirement got fulfilled so we are not going to hire anymore freshers.

So what should i do in this situation? I am very tensed. I am waiting for this from 3 months back. Please help me. Why they are doing this thing to us?
Original post by Shikhar Gupta
I gave interview in HSBC for the position of Trainee Software Engineer and my last interview was on 22 feb 2019. After interview, HR called all the 13 selected candidates to a conference room and he said that in next week, you all will receive documentation mail definitely after that we will release your offer letter.

So after that, we didn't receive any from their side and after two weeks 4 out of 13 got documentation mail but after that only 1 got offer letter rest didn't. Then after 20 days again they sent documentation mail to 3 candidates. So at last till now only 7 out of 13 got offer letter and they joined also.

Now 6 are remaining till now, it's already been 3 months. Now, one of my friend who joined, he asked to HR, they said that our requirement got fulfilled so we are not going to hire anymore freshers.

So what should i do in this situation? I am very tensed. I am waiting for this from 3 months back. Please help me. Why they are doing this thing to us?

Be pro-active, contact HSBC HR with the details of what you applied for etc and ask. It sounds to me like they recruited 14 and then decided they only had the money to appoint 7, so you haven't got a job. You'll only find out by speaking to them though.
They recruited from all over india, but from my institute from Bangalore they hired only 13. And it can't be the issue of money as we all know hsbc is a very big brand.
(edited 4 years ago)
Did you get the offer letter? I am in a same situation with HSBC. But I am in contact with the HR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending