The Student Room Group

Places That Pay Over Minimum Wage (for under 18s)

Hey all,

What are your experiences in working for shops that pay over the (under 18s) minimum wage (£4.35)? Can you recommend any good ones?

Of course, there is my local tesco which boast £7+, but a lot of people from my school are applying there ... I want a fresh start.

I was hoping for a job in waitressing, to help my confidence, and also the tips (I'm not money driven ... I swear :wink: )

Thanks 🐦
Wilkos pay £7.70 for 21 y/o and under, worked there since I was 16. Would highly recommend😊
Reply 2
McDonald’s
Waitrose and John Lewis, Sainsburys plus M&S have all got really good pay at around £8-9 an hour, currently have friends at all of these - supermarkets help your parents too with the discount. Any kind of tipped work will be above minimum wage because its minimum + tips, some of these places dependent on their policy for tip sharing could have you earning way more per hour than even like waitrose or something. Remember to consider how long it takes to get wherever you want to work, also how much it costs to get there. If the bus is cheap (savercard?) going to another supermarket nearby is probably better than going to work at any old store.
Costa is good and you get a qualification for it, 7.90 an hour before your trained and over £8 after
Reply 5
hi, Im Jenna Toll. I have worked in many jobs! this includes burger king,mcdonalds,subway and ofc levis. i couldnt recommend it anymore it is great! it £11 an hr. I know all yous younger kids trying to get through university will really appreciate the disposal income. This job will really help as its not much work in my opinion. lots of love Jenny xx
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Calyps00
Costa is good and you get a qualification for it, 7.90 an hour before your trained and over £8 after

not for me anyways..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending