The Student Room Group

£100 fine for...

Scroll to see replies

Tbh I think people generally let their dog off the lead on the beach... So they are a bit of a potential nuicance raiding picknics, shaking water over sunbathers, caving in sand castles etc as well as crapping.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jebedee
Sure. But some have had bad experiences with humans too but no one bans them :tongue:

...well... that is what we tend to have jails for, so... and we are dealing with emotional entities...
Reply 22
Original post by SHallowvale
It's not though. If you spot some dog **** then there's no telling whose dog it came from. The dog who **** could have left hours ago.

It's easier to check a beach every hour or so for dogs than it is to closely watch dogs every other minute in case they **** and their owner doesn't clean it up.

I'm not sure if you've noticed the glaring problem with your argument there. A dog may not be currently defecating when some horrible little man from the council is there - and thus cannot be caught in the act. Equally, a dog may not be present when the said council pen-pusher is there and cannot be caught in the heinous act of canine-trespass.

In both circumstances, it seems, the only viable enforcement is to catch in the act.
people don't take their cats to the beach, so why should they take their dogs ?

[scroll]:run::poo::poo:[/scroll]
Reply 24
The moment his paw touched the sand a council worker appeared ‘from nowhere’ and issued Frank with a £100 fine.

So the issue doesn't even seem to be just taking the dog to the beach, if we're to infer it wasn't illegal to do it in a cart. Maybe it was or maybe that worker was just waiting for the dog to touch the ground to trigger the offence warning. Whatever, not only he is a heartless tosspot but so are the people in the council who had to be dragged out after much insisting. The Roman Empire buckled under the weight of its own bureaucracy.
Original post by L i b
I'm not sure if you've noticed the glaring problem with your argument there. A dog may not be currently defecating when some horrible little man from the council is there - and thus cannot be caught in the act. Equally, a dog may not be present when the said council pen-pusher is there and cannot be caught in the heinous act of canine-trespass.

In both circumstances, it seems, the only viable enforcement is to catch in the act.

What you're forgetting is that it's still easier to spot a canine-trespass than a defecating dog.

If you want to stop dogs using the beach then you could routinely check the beach every 15-30 minutes for dogs, or maybe hourly if it's not a very busy/popular beach. If you want to catch a dog ******** then you're going to need to watch that dog (or dogs) for the duration of their time at the beach.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending