The Student Room Group

TSR Picnic/BBQ THIS SUNDAY PM

Since everyone talks about it but nothing ever seems to really happen, I hereby state that anyone who wants to can come for a picnic/BBQ on Coe Fen, near Lammas Land, where there are benches and public BBQs (we'll meet somewhere more central for those who've not been before)

Date:
Sunday 15th June

Time:
2pm at Browns for tea (on Minimo's suggestion) then its not far to go from there -
I'll say the picnic/bbq will kick off at 4, but give someone a ring and just come whenever, if you're not coming to Browns first. if you don't know where it is either use this map, or i'll come and find you somewhere easier like Peterhouse or somewhere

Call me if you get lost at any point!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Excellent :biggrin:
Reply 2
Cool. Unless there's major issues with it, I suggest Sunday afternoon, then everyone who's had BCD can have the morning to get over it!
Reply 3
In the diary.. :biggrin:
I have two society garden parties Sunday afternoon so probably can't come. I'll give one of you (Amy?) a call later on when they've finished to see if you're still there! Anyways have fun.

Actually if it starts at 1pm I can probably come to the very first bit.
Reply 5
That's suicide sunday! and whats goin on with the thread in the back room?
Reply 6
Excellent :biggrin:
Reply 7
Nina
That's suicide sunday! and whats goin on with the thread in the back room?

is that a problem? :p: i don't really want to be in charge of co-ordinating all the subs, but i might just say whats happening.
Reply 8
I really want to come. I am supposed to meet my friend around then and we had planned to do stuffs. But I will see what I can arrange. I'd *sort* of prefer if we did dinner or something(hate hanging out for ages in the sun - get hot and headachy), but I guess majority rules :biggrin:
Reply 9
minimo
I really want to come. I am supposed to meet my friend around then and we had planned to do stuffs. But I will see what I can arrange. I'd *sort* of prefer if we did dinner or something(hate hanging out for ages in the sun - get hot and headachy), but I guess majority rules :biggrin:

TBH by the time we get our arses into gear it will probably be more towards the afternoon/evening. There's no fixed time. Maybe say 4pm onwards.
Reply 10
scarlet ibis
TBH by the time we get our arses into gear it will probably be more towards the afternoon/evening. There's no fixed time. Maybe say 4pm onwards.

That would be awesome :smile: Anything after say half 2 would be great!
Reply 11
Evening bbq is good. Smoke'll keep the midges off.
Reply 12
I have to be back in Queens' for the JCR garden party which probably begins at half seven. I'll certainly pop up for as long as I can, even if I'm not eating (the garden party is also a barbecue...).
Can't wait to see everybody again :ninja:
i may (shock horror) actually pop down if i turn out to be not otherwise engaged (i do happen to have a much loved, temporarily banned, 7000 (i think?) post account for those wondering who i am..).
Reply 15
I will definitely be coming! I'm meant to be at Jesus Garden Party at some point but I can share my time between them...

Wooop! Looking forward to it!!
xxx
Reply 16
Quoted from the Back Room. I think Amy says this idea is a go :smile:

Hiii, could we please have the plan such that people meet up for drinks/coffee/cake at some place like browns from early afternoon (say 2ish) and then those who want to bbq can head off and get food from Sainsbury's before it closes (say half 4) and those who want to leave after, can?

I probs won't come to the picnic :frown:
It'll depend on whether I'm tired and what the weather's like.
Reply 17
Yup, Amy says its OK. (and i love how people defer to me :p:)

So

2pm Browns

4pm walk to Coe Fen

Here's a picture of my number in case anyone gets lost
(just so crawlers can't find it - also i like the image :rolleyes:)

Reply 18
It's such a cool photo -- it almost looks like some graphic made with changeable phone numbers or something. Only slightly spoilt by the tea-drip stain on the mug. :frown:
Reply 19
Amy, your handwriting is lovely.

Latest

Trending

Trending