The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have both the salter horners physics exam and b.s. exam on at the same time
So have to take one after the other =(

Too much info to hold onto
haha
Reply 21
God, I'm really worried about this now. Feel all the other physics so far have gone well, and I retook PSA2 couple of weeks ago, and PSA1 in Jan, so figure I know my stuff well enough, along with some recent "top up" revision. Unfortunately I get the feeling some of the longer questions will be horrible, and I'll mess up... PSA6 is a bitch.
Reply 22
Anyone got the PSA6 June 2006 mark scheme? Please please please if you do can you upload it! Thanks
aah only 4 hours left! i hope the questions aren't too confusing
Reply 24
I'm not going to wish any of you luck, just good knowledge and reasoning, because that's what we're all going to need :tongue:
I'm not even gunna bother discussing answers later, because my exams will be overrrrrrrr lol. More importantly no more awkward Salters-Horners syllabus!
Reply 26
good luck guys....*cough* revise transformers *cough*

:biggrin:
Daxx
good luck guys....*cough* revise transformers *cough*

:biggrin:

:eek: :wink:

Woohoo no more Salters Horners Physics :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 28
How was it lol
Reply 29
TTAlukder
How was it lol

we're not allowed to say :smile:
Reply 30
woops sory i forgot about time
Reply 31
bump.

just want to keep this from getting lost so we can talk about it tomorrow at some point.
lol im not sure if i want to talk about it! :s-smilie:
Reply 33
It's over!! Thank ****. No comment on the exam tho, obv.
Reply 34
Answers, people?
There were parts which were pretty easy but also parts which I found really tricky! Wasn't a big fan of the medical context but oh well it's over now. I reckon I've done enough for a C :smile:
That was a nasty paper!! Realy think i have failed it. Totally mucked up my units on the graph. Wot did ppl write for the last question??

I went on bout energy levels E = hf and how the energy will change so the frequency will change. I guessed on pretty much all the questions. Oohh well
Reply 37
The begining of the paper was hard! Did not like the context at all. And the units for the graph took me aaages to get right. The last question wasn't good either :s-smilie: Darn i needed an A in that to get an A overall.
Reply 38
Jiggly Puff
That was a nasty paper!! Realy think i have failed it. Totally mucked up my units on the graph. Wot did ppl write for the last question??

I went on bout energy levels E = hf and how the energy will change so the frequency will change. I guessed on pretty much all the questions. Oohh well

I thought the paper was alright all in all.

The last question I talked about the Doppler Effect and Red Shift for the changing f.

Also mentioned what e-mag waves are [i.e. transverse]
Talked about optical fibres carrying digital signals.
And talked about Frequency division multiplexing which was the idea of the last few sentences.

Thought that q was fairly standard.

Didn't like the Voltage induced graph...I just drew a curve pi/2 radians out of phase, so it was like a cos graph. [dunno if that's right]

Graph was standard...+/- 0.005mA on the accuracy for the 1st part?

That's all I can remember now.
I wrote mainly about optical fibres and multiplexing for the last one. Then i added a little bit about the end about how they get the high frequency, I think I put v=f lamda or something :s-smilie: I'm not so confident on that now! I'll expect an E now rather than a C lol

Latest