The Student Room Group
"best" is , in my opinion, a hardware VPN based inside hardware such as the Fritz!box 4020 (around 40 $/GBP/Euros, even available pre-owned on some large River websites) Typically you would use this Fritz!box router as a double NAT product to isolate your home LAN from your official 'telco' CPE

https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-4020/details/

from a setup page for Fritz!
VPN: Remote Access to the Home Network

Via a VPN (Virtual Private Network) a secure remote access to the network of the FRITZ!Box can be established.

VPN in the FRITZ!Box is based on the IPSec standard.
Computer-LAN linkup: VPN connections can be configured for individual remote computers.
LAN-LAN linkup: VPN connections can be configured for remote networks.
FRITZ!Box supports a maximum of eight simultaneous VPN connections.

The configuration files for the VPN connections are created using a separate program. The program is provided free of charge and can be downloaded from the AVM web site. For FRITZ!Box users who have the right to access the FRITZ!Box via VPN, no further settings must be configured. All required VPN settings are included in the user account.

Supplementary Software for VPN
All of the information required for a VPN is saved in a configuration file. The terminals involved in any VPN must receive this file.

Individual computers that are networked over a VPN require a VPN client.

The “Configure FRITZ!Box VPN Connection” Wizard
AVM provides the “Configure FRITZ!Box VPN Connection” software for creating configuration files. This program is a Wizard that takes you step by step through the VPN configuration.

The “FRITZ!VPN” VPN client
AVM offers the “FRITZ!VPN” software as a VPN client.
Both the Wizard and the client can be downloaded free of charge from the AVM VPN service pages: https://en.avm.de/service/vpn/overview

bear in mind that almost any available Virtual Private Network is likely to be leaky, no matter what its claimed benefits, so consider them purely pseudonymous, which is fine for using a VPN wisely. (many friends use them for out-of-region TV browsing)
Original post by Whatzup
My pick is between Surfshark or ExpressVPN, as both of them are reliable and I didn't encounter any issues witch connection, speed or streaming.

Depends what your reason for using a vpn is.
If anonymity and privacy is your top priority, use tor. It's not a vpn, it's a lot better (and comes with the bonus of being able to access the dark web). Although if you're doing dodgy stuff, use a vpn on top of tor to be on the safe side.
Tor's problem is speed. It's slow. Very slow. So only use it if total privacy and anonymity is your priority
used to be browsec but it doesn't work on Netflix anymore.
Reply 4
I personally use TOR but sometimes its very slow. Also, it can not route my whole data and can not be used on multiple devices. So, I personally use, Ipsheild vpn, hidemyass and purevpn.
I personally use FastestVPN for the reason that it is affordable and gives all salient features like kill switch and compatible with numerous devices and if you face any hurdle when Surfing or watching Netflix their Support Service available 24/7 for helping you.

Latest

Trending

Trending