The Student Room Group
Reply 1
For unit 4 my teacher doesn't think Northern Ireland will come up as all that's settled. But that's no guarantee.

I'm worrying about unit 6 :frown:.
Reply 2
For unit 4 im concentrating on the welfare state law and order and multiculturalism. health and education could also come up.

unit 5 tbh i just recently started revising for and now im crapping it lol. but for tht im revising as much as i can things like democratic deficit, enlargement, common fisheries policy, common defence policy, cap and also future of eu. Make sure you learn about the institutions such as what their roles are and how important they are etc. like the commission and eu parliament etc.

for unit 6 my teacher was telling me that constitutional reform may come up or something on devolution. if the welfare state essay doesnt come up in unit 4 it could well come up in unit 6. ive also looked at the past papers and seen that the questions on pressure groups in unit 6 seem to be repeating, but that doesnt mean that it will repeat again so im not sure abt that coming up again mayb.

as for predictions i think i got predicted a B but hopefully the right questions come up and il do better
Reply 3
what is everyone else revising for each of the units?

would be great if we could exchange views and ideas on what could come up
unit 5 route a how many question do you have to answer, isit 2 question worth equal marks or a short answer and long answer question, also any predictions for what might come up ive revised all the intsitutions gona do the cap aswel i think
Reply 5
2 20 mark questions and one 60 mark question.
omg!!!!!!!!!! do u get alot of choices ? i havnt seen a past paper for unit 5 you see i aint got a clue what to expect
Reply 7
There are 4 20 markers and 3 60 markers in total, then you choose your Q's.

Sorry for the late reply.
its okay everything went fine yesterday i was alright didnt think that exam was too bad for unit 5 .... anybody got any ideas on unit 6 paper pressure groups keeps coming up i noticed that think im still gona revise it though even it does look the obvious one id be kicking myself if it came up tommoro n i didnt anything else you think might be there, i cant belive how random this paper is to answer i think every person doing it is taking chan ces in what they revise unless there revising the whole of as and a2 i think its a bit harsh this exam o wqell itll be over tommoro
Reply 9
As i understand it, you need to be looking at the specification for Units 4 & 5 and then tying it in with the objectives of Unit 6. I hope that NI doesn't come up because I find it by far the hardest. Hopefully something on race/ethnicity or finance comes up. I am just trying to go back through everything I've learnt about politics in those two units -which is pretty impossible.

Yesterday, I had done a horrible Geog synoptic in the morning; I get extra time, so I had to be 'supervised' over lunch and then do politics in the afternoon. I was still stressed from Geog and couldn't think for the first two short answer questions, but I think I did well on the essay question. Time will tell, as they say. I need two high Cs on these units to get an A and I hope that I can do it!

Anyone got any last minute tips?!?!?!
yeah pressure groups has been on every paper since 2002 so im deffo learning it :smile:
We have barely been taught unit 6. So I'm a little worried about tomorrow. Not even done a practice question. Meh..

Latest