The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eolopolo
Hello there! Just getting my results sorted, apparently there was missing information aka results, however I had already sent them a month ago :')

Regardless it's getting sorted now :smile:

I actually just wanted an update on how bad the damage was on the engineering central after the fire there?

Hey @Eolopolo,

The Uni and the Fire Service are still assessing the extent of the damage, but I believe that the architecture of the building helped to contain it so it sounds like the damage isn't too extensive (we hope!). There will definitely be some more updates over the next few days.

Thanks,

Beth :smile:
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Hello there! Just getting my results sorted, apparently there was missing information aka results, however I had already sent them a month ago :')

Regardless it's getting sorted now :smile:

I actually just wanted an update on how bad the damage was on the engineering central after the fire there?

Hi @Eolopolo

Glad everything is sorted for you! :smile:

Thank you for your concern about Engineering Central The University and the Fire Service is still assessing the extent of the damage, but the fire was contained within Engineering Central. The campus is operating normally and the fire service will be mounting an investigation into the cause of the fire. Luckily, no one was inside the building and we are so grateful for the prompt action of the fire service!

Emily :smile:
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Hey @Eolopolo,

The Uni and the Fire Service are still assessing the extent of the damage, but I believe that the architecture of the building helped to contain it so it sounds like the damage isn't too extensive (we hope!). There will definitely be some more updates over the next few days.

Thanks,

Beth :smile:

Okay then, I'm happy to hear that, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
Hi @Eolopolo

Glad everything is sorted for you! :smile:

Thank you for your concern about Engineering Central The University and the Fire Service is still assessing the extent of the damage, but the fire was contained within Engineering Central. The campus is operating normally and the fire service will be mounting an investigation into the cause of the fire. Luckily, no one was inside the building and we are so grateful for the prompt action of the fire service!

Emily :smile:

Yeah definetly very lucky no one was inside. actually, where was the fire? As in which section?
Yeah definetly very lucky no one was inside. actually, where was the fire? As in which section?

So it's been reported it was in the plant room on the roof of C block and stayed contained to there. Yeah so lucky no one was inside!
So it's been reported it was in the plant room on the roof of C block and stayed contained to there. Yeah so lucky no one was inside!

Yep I see, shouldn't take months and months too sort out. o hope the PC labs are still in good* shape.

*given they just went through a fire.
(edited 3 years ago)
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-53767892

This is a really good article that explains what Swansea Uni is doing about accommodation and freshers this year.
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-53767892

This is a really good article that explains what Swansea Uni is doing about accommodation and freshers this year.

Thanks @Phoenixfeather99! :u: If anyone wants to find out more about our accommodation options, you can visit our website or chat live to one of our accommodation team - they'll be back on chat tomorrow, Sunday and Monday between 10am - Midday and 2pm - 4pm. :smile: - Hannah
Hello,

I am doing a foundation year in EEE on Bay campus.

Anyone else in a similar course?
I mean, I'll be doing Aerospace Engineering :')
I mean, I'll be doing Aerospace Engineering :')

That awesome :smile:
Congratulations @togs11 and @Eolopolo! :biggrin:

I'd recommend checking out our Engineering Ambassador Chat as it's a good opportunity to chat to current students of Swansea, get a feel for what to expect in your first year, ask any questions you may have about your course and more!

We can't wait to welcome you to Swansea this September, if there is anything I can do to help between now and then, please let me know!

- Mia :smile:
I accepted my insurance offer from Swansea to study Accounting and Finance and I'm excited. Got my accomodation offer for Bay Campus today.

Do supermarkets deliver to Bay Campus where I can meet the driver wherever they can park? Also for moving in day, where should my parents park? And also how does parcel delivery work at Bay. And do they take from any courier? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by FinestRyan
I accepted my insurance offer from Swansea to study Accounting and Finance and I'm excited. Got my accomodation offer for Bay Campus today.

Do supermarkets deliver to Bay Campus where I can meet the driver wherever they can park? Also for moving in day, where should my parents park? And also how does parcel delivery work at Bay. And do they take from any courier? Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi.
Congratulations!
Supermarkets do deliver to bay campus usually you arrange to meet them outside Tesco on campus.
On moving in day you will be directed on where to park so that you are the closest to your block as possible so to unload your car. The campus is clearly signposted for you to aid you in finding your block car parking area.
Parcels and letters should be addressed to your flat address. All mail will go to the parcel room in bay campus reception in the tower. Accommodation will then distribute letters to your flat postboxes and email you to inform you that you have a parcel. During parcel room opening hours you can collect your parcel from the parcel room. They accept parcels from anyone, the problem is whether parcel firms will leave parcels with them. Please bear in mind that the parcel room is shut on a weekend. Royal Mail know this so won’t attempt delivery but parcel companies will and will put it down as a failed attempt and may return parcel to sender (this has happened to me many times).
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
Hi.
Congratulations!
Supermarkets do deliver to bay campus usually you arrange to meet them outside Tesco on campus.
On moving in day you will be directed on where to park so that you are the closest to your block as possible so to unload your car. The campus is clearly signposted for you to aid you in finding your block car parking area.
Parcels and letters should be addressed to your flat address. All mail will go to the parcel room in bay campus reception in the tower. Accommodation will then distribute letters to your flat postboxes and email you to inform you that you have a parcel. During parcel room opening hours you can collect your parcel from the parcel room. They accept parcels from anyone, the problem is whether parcel firms will leave parcels with them. Please bear in mind that the parcel room is shut on a weekend. Royal Mail know this so won’t attempt delivery but parcel companies will and will put it down as a failed attempt and may return parcel to sender (this has happened to me many times).

OK thank you for the information. Glad to know supermarket delivery is possible will likely make ordering longer life food and drink much easier than carrying it all on a bus from town. Will also be careful to make sure parcels don't get delivered on weekends :smile: very helpful stuff!
Hiya, how long from sending your application did it take for swansea to offer/reject?
Original post by bekkarichards
Hiya, how long from sending your application did it take for swansea to offer/reject?

It really depends on the person. Swansea were my first to accept however, they were rather quick.
hi i wanted to know whether you ended up studying at swansea and if so what you think about it?
Original post by smdjules
hi i wanted to know whether you ended up studying at swansea and if so what you think about it?

I’m there right now studying psychology and I like it so far even though the course is 100% online

Quick Reply

Latest