The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by harris358
Ive applied for chem eng as well, is Swansea uni going to be your first choice?

Yeah Swansea is going to be my first choice, wbu?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by Emdav01
Yeah Swansea is going to be my first choice, wbu?

Not sure, Sheffield is my firm and deciding whether to put Aston or Swansea as my insurance
Hi, I've applied for Zoology at Swansea University as an autistic mature student. I've been to an Open Day and loved it. Really hoping for an offer of some kind.
Ive got an offer from Swansea to do Chemical engineering but it is quite far away and ive not been to the open day so still deciding as I want to go to a uni with a big city and great nightlife

Well, Swansea is a city, not as big as some, but it certainly has the nightlife. A lot of students live in the Brynmill and Uplands areas of the city, so that they are close to the University (a walk through the park). The other advantage to this is that the Uplands has become the place to head to on a night out, with a variety of bars and places to eat. In town there is the legendary Wine Street, which if you like that sort of thing, is most definitely that sort of thing.
Received an offer yesterday for Swansea’s applied Medical sciences. I plan on following the pathways to medicine and following completion of this course, going on to study GEM here too!

Anybody else in here applied ? Or anybody else following the same pathway?
Original post by BumbleBee04
Hi! I’m applying to do BSc Computer science starting 2020, but I’m a bit nervous. Swansea is my top choice but the grades I’ve been offered are also the highest (AAB). Whilst I’d love to be positive, I’m super worried if I won’t get them what that’ll mean for uni. Do you know if Swansea are known to lower their grades once the ALevel results are posted or if there’s anyway to lower your grades etc?
Thank you!

I also have received an offer for AAB and believe that to be worrying.
Original post by Adrian Secăreanu

Do you like Swansea? Eg. Are you considering it to be one of your choices?

Hi, don't be worried! there are a number of reasons Swansea asks for those grades, one of which is that its a very popular course and there's a lot of competition for places. Also offers are made on predicted grades, so they are based on what its believed you are capable of achieving. Another reason is we want potential students to aspire to excellence, not least because we we offer an Excellence Scholarship. https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/scholarships/excellence-bursaries/
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Hi, don't be worried! there are a number of reasons Swansea asks for those grades, one of which is that its a very popular course and there's a lot of competition for places. Also offers are made on predicted grades, so they are based on what its believed you are capable of achieving. Another reason is we want potential students to aspire to excellence, not least because we we offer an Excellence Scholarship. https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/scholarships/excellence-bursaries/

Its also worth keeping in mind that any offer that your made is adjustable. So if you fall a little short contact the University
[email protected]
If you are still concerned you can call 01792 295111
Reply 49
Original post by Aliciaaaa
Hiya, I've applied for the same course! Have you had your interview yet? how did it go?
I've got mine in three days... do you have any tips for the day?

Hiya! Hope your interview went well xx I have mine on the 29th, any tips? xxx
I got a response. I got a conditional offer but it's not really possible to meet the requirements for September 2020 so need to work out my next step now. A little disappointed but not massively surprised.
Reply 51

Over the moon!!!
Congratulations!! I really want to go to Swansea too but I can't yet as they want Access to HE first. Gutted but at least I can still return to learning/college this year and then try again for uni in 2021.
Congrats! I just applied today. Do you mind me asking how long it took them to get back to you?

Good Luck with your application! Swansea is a great city with lots going on. Let us know how you get on :-)
Still unsure whether to pick Swansea or Aston uni as my insurance for chem eng?
I want to go Swansea, I'm a gap year student, I did Bio Chem and Psychology and got CEB, I am retaking chem and hopefully boost that grade to a B/C. I'm still waiting for Swansea to respond on ucas track, I hope they give me an offer.
Reply 56

This is going to absolutely change my life.
Still unsure whether to pick Swansea or Aston uni as my insurance for chem eng?

Hi. I'm a first year at Swansea. I have 3 flatmates doing engineering, one is aerospace and the others are mechanical. The engineering department here is amazing and brand new since bay campus has only been open a few years. The facilities on bay are amazing and we have the most beautiful library. There's an open day this Saturday so why don't you come and visit and get a feel for the place?
Original post by yaszenn

Over the moon!!!

Original post by VarunG

This is going to absolutely change my life.

CONGRATULATIONS! Swansea university has a brilliant computer science department, and my flat mates absolutely love this course! I hope you do too! There's an open day on Saturday, so why don't you come over and visit and get to know Swansea a little better?!
Reply 59
miint
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest