Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Designeddeath
Hey, I just got the offer by 5:22pm from Swansea. I’m thrilled! :smile:

Let me know how yours go

Congrats on your offer, Death. What course did you apply for?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by 学生の父
Congrats on your offer, Death. What course did you apply for?

Law, Wb you?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Designeddeath
Law, Wb you?

No, not an applicant. I'm a Forum Helper on TSR.
Original post by 学生の父
No, not an applicant. I'm a Forum Helper on TSR.

Ohh, that’s chilled!
Reply 84
Has anyone else got an offer for medieval studies at all? also, is anyone going to the open day this weekend? also, also does anyone know when the next offer holder day is?
Still not sure whether to go to Swansea uni for engineering. Can anyone help me please losing my mind deciding haha
I feel like Swansea is a small town with not a lot to do and Im from Manchester so I haven't and cant go to the open day as its too expensive.
Original post by Anonymous
Still not sure whether to go to Swansea uni for engineering. Can anyone help me please losing my mind deciding haha
I feel like Swansea is a small town with not a lot to do and Im from Manchester so I haven't and cant go to the open day as its too expensive.

I'm from Manchester but study in Swansea. I love it. Yes, it's smaller and there are only a few clubs, but it's such a friendly city and compact. It's easy to get around, all the bars and clubs are close to eachother and you'll always bump into friends, plus there's the beach which is always a party on the nicer nights. It's also easy to get to other cities like Cardiff which is more like Manc in size and nightlife and students often go there for nights. London is only under 3 hours away for a fun weekend away and special occasions. It's a lovely city here, I really love the feel of Swansea - I've made so many local friends and uni friends that this place is my home now and Manchester feels odd.

I have 3 flatmates that do engineering at Swansea and they absolutely love it. The engineering college is on bay campus so all the facilities are purpose built and brand new, compared to other universities where the department has been crammed into existing buildings.
Original post by Lizzillo
I'm from Manchester but study in Swansea. I love it. Yes, it's smaller and there are only a few clubs, but it's such a friendly city and compact. It's easy to get around, all the bars and clubs are close to eachother and you'll always bump into friends, plus there's the beach which is always a party on the nicer nights. It's also easy to get to other cities like Cardiff which is more like Manc in size and nightlife and students often go there for nights. London is only under 3 hours away for a fun weekend away and special occasions. It's a lovely city here, I really love the feel of Swansea - I've made so many local friends and uni friends that this place is my home now and Manchester feels odd.

Thanks for the reply! I also want to ask if there are many eating places/ restaurants and which supermarkets are near to the university and also if Swansea is expensive or cheaper compared to other cities
Thanks for the reply! I also want to ask if there are many eating places/ restaurants and which supermarkets are near to the university and also if Swansea is expensive or cheaper compared to other cities

Swansea is a lot cheaper than other cities. The best supermarket is Tesco which is right next door to the bus station so it’s easy with heavy bags. There are lots of places to eat such as pizza express, frankie and bennies and five guys.
Original post by Lizzillo

Also are there any shopping centers or many clothes shops in Swansea or would i need to go to Cardiff
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
Swansea is a lot cheaper than other cities. The best supermarket is Tesco which is right next door to the bus station so it’s easy with heavy bags. There are lots of places to eat such as pizza express, frankie and bennies and five guys.

Thats good then and so would i need to buy a bus pass to get around or is there a free uni bus or somehting
Thats good then and so would i need to buy a bus pass to get around or is there a free uni bus or somehting

You will need to buy a bus pass, but because you’ll live in Wales whilst studying you’ll be able to get a free “mytravelpass” which gives you a third off all bus travel in Wales so saves you about £100 on the bus pass.
You will need to buy a bus pass, but because you’ll live in Wales whilst studying you’ll be able to get a free “mytravelpass” which gives you a third off all bus travel in Wales so saves you about £100 on the bus pass.

Would you recommend buying a yearly bus pass or just buying individual tickets?
Would you recommend buying a yearly bus pass or just buying individual tickets?

It depends. If your living and studying on the same campus you’ll probably be fine buying a day ticket for when you need to go shopping. If though, like me, you live in one campus and study on the other then a bus pass is definitely needed. I have a 2 term academic pass instead of a yearly as I won’t need the travel during the summer holidays.
Reply 95
It depends. If your living and studying on the same campus you’ll probably be fine buying a day ticket for when you need to go shopping. If though, like me, you live in one campus and study on the other then a bus pass is definitely needed. I have a 2 term academic pass instead of a yearly as I won’t need the travel during the summer holidays.

Sorry to butt in, but do you live in bay and travel to singleton? If so, is the journey to and fro ok and worth it? I only ask because I find the bay campus a lot more pleasant than singleton and would consider doing the same :smile:
Original post by _salaan
Sorry to butt in, but do you live in bay and travel to singleton? If so, is the journey to and fro ok and worth it? I only ask because I find the bay campus a lot more pleasant than singleton and would consider doing the same :smile:

Yes. I live on bay and study on Singleton. I get the 9 which runs every 20mins and gets you between campus’s one around 20-25mins. The 8 (every 15mins) gets you between campus’s via the bus station in 30-35mins and the 10 (I think every 15mins) takes around 45mins but is mainly used by students living off campus in the uplands area. I really like the journey as it allows some time just to unwind and listen to music so that my brain doesn’t feel fried al the time. Also, the accommodation on bay makes the commute worth it.
Yes. I live on bay and study on Singleton. I get the 9 which runs every 20mins and gets you between campus’s one around 20-25mins. The 8 (every 15mins) gets you between campus’s via the bus station in 30-35mins and the 10 (I think every 15mins) takes around 45mins but is mainly used by students living off campus in the uplands area. I really like the journey as it allows some time just to unwind and listen to music so that my brain doesn’t feel fried al the time. Also, the accommodation on bay makes the commute worth it.

As ive applied for engineering I would need to go to the bay campus. Would you recommend living at the bay campus or singleton, like are the buses always on time and are there like more house parties and people at the singleton campus or at the bay campus?
Reply 98

That sounds as awesome. Are there many people who study on singleton campus at bay? Do you feel like you're missing out on anything?
As ive applied for engineering I would need to go to the bay campus. Would you recommend living at the bay campus or singleton, like are the buses always on time and are there like more house parties and people at the singleton campus or at the bay campus?

Bay Campus accommodation is loads nicer than Singleton campus such as guaranteed en-suite and double bed. The facilities are also modern whereas Singleton is more traditional. House party wise it’s about the same on both campus’s. The buses are temperamental and not always reliable so you have to leave time for commuting.

Quick Reply

Latest