The Student Room Group

UCL Chemical Engineering reviews

Hi, I will be applying for chemical engineering for next year and UCL is looking like one of the options. Possibly my firm choice.

The university overall is quite highly ranked and obviously prestigious but I was quite surprised when I was reading the bad reviews of this course at UCL.

Can any current students there studying chemical engineering give me an insight on how the course actually is and their experience of it.
Original post by MCSTATE
Hi, I will be applying for chemical engineering for next year and UCL is looking like one of the options. Possibly my firm choice.

The university overall is quite highly ranked and obviously prestigious but I was quite surprised when I was reading the bad reviews of this course at UCL.

Can any current students there studying chemical engineering give me an insight on how the course actually is and their experience of it.

Didnt do chemical engineering or study at UCL.

But I would say be careful reading reviews, 99% of grads never bother to do these (apart from the NSS, which isnt really a review more generalised data collection). This means the only people who actually leave reviews are people who are put up to it by the uni, or disgruntled students hence have huge bias.

Also UCL students probably have a much higher expectation than students at other unis...

Maybe its terrible maybe its a fantastic course, all im saying is take it with a pinch of salt.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Didnt do chemical engineering or study at UCL.

But I would say be careful reading reviews, 99% of grads never bother to do these (apart from the NSS, which isnt really a review more generalised data collection). This means the only people who actually leave reviews are people who are put up to it by the uni, or disgruntled students hence have huge bias.

Also UCL students probably have a much higher expectation than students at other unis...

Maybe its terrible maybe its a fantastic course, all im saying is take it with a pinch of salt.

Okay thanks, makes sense.
Original post by MCSTATE

Hi, did you end up going UCL, and if so can you pls let me know if it has improved or isnt as bad as people said in those reviews. I have an offer from them and wanted to go there but all the reviews are making me question it.
Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest