The Student Room Group

French GCSE AQA How to get a 9

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cathyfung1021
Exaclty . I’m spending so much one with further maths it might affect my other subjects lol. Plus, I’m pretty sure I wanna go down the science/ medicine route rather then just a maths degree now . Still, not sure tho , the teacher told me to give it a few more weeks.

Yeaaaaa!! Are you thinking about Oxbridge? (don’t be embarrassed to say!)
Original post by dolphins123
gosh im in year 10 and im struggling as hell in french( especially listening and reading!!). how did u all remember the vocab, i find that really hard and if u used any textbooks, websites, youtubers etc, what would u recommend?

Hey, I got a nine as well so thought I would give some advice! I learnt all my vocab on memrise-they have a aqa 9-1 set which has all the specification vocab on it. It can be boring but I did maybe 10 minutes a day from year 10 and was done well before gcses started!
Original post by FloLemon
Yeaaaaa!! Are you thinking about Oxbridge? (don’t be embarrassed to say!)

Yes , I am . No idea if I’m good enough for it tho 😭😂. I guess u are too
Reply 23
Yes , I am . No idea if I’m good enough for it tho 😭😂. I guess u are too

Yea!! We have our first mocks at the end of September, even though we’ve just started!! I’m really excited to just get going because I found the long summer so boring. What would you like to do for a degree? 100% NatSci or Physics for me
Probably medicine . Do you got to a grammar school or soemthing ? We have 3 weeks of probation period so we can decide what to drop and what to take in this period. At the end of it we have exams but it’s not mocks 😂. I hated physics , so physics is not for me 😂. U sound so smart tho
Yea!! We have our first mocks at the end of September, even though we’ve just started!! I’m really excited to just get going because I found the long summer so boring. What would you like to do for a degree? 100% NatSci or Physics for me
Reply 25
Probably medicine . Do you got to a grammar school or soemthing ? We have 3 weeks of probation period so we can decide what to drop and what to take in this period. At the end of it we have exams but it’s not mocks 😂. I hated physics , so physics is not for me 😂. U sound so smart tho

No but I did apply to two and got in but I felt better going to my own schools sixth form. Thank you, and so do you omg! That’s crazy. We have exams rn that we don’t revise for to see if we can still remember/understand key concepts from gcse biology and physics etc. I have my maths ones next week and physics one, did my Biology on Friday for 2 hours.. Lots of people are dropping out of Biology tho, I think a lot of people assume Bio will be easy at A-Level when it’s really hard!
No but I did apply to two and got in but I felt better going to my own schools sixth form. Thank you, and so do you omg! That’s crazy. We have exams rn that we don’t revise for to see if we can still remember/understand key concepts from gcse biology and physics etc. I have my maths ones next week and physics one, did my Biology on Friday for 2 hours.. Lots of people are dropping out of Biology tho, I think a lot of people assume Bio will be easy at A-Level when it’s really hard!

Same . I stayed at my sixth form for exactly the same reason since i knew my surroundings even though the alevel results aren’t that well . I hope those exams don’t count towards anything since I’ve forgotten everything related to gcse 😂 Also , we have exams soon at like the end of this month I think. Haha I thought biology was going to be easy too 😂 but it is hard :/ but it’s very very intresting. I’ve only had 2 bio 2 maths and 1 chem lessons but 3 further maths lessons so far so I will see how things go .
You’ve got plenty of time don’t worry! I honestly learnt all my vocab from reading french magazines and I used a few quizlets for vocab before the exam too. I would recommend learning all the tenses and grammar off by heart! I can do them all now I practiced them so often in year 10 and 9. For TV Shows I would recommend my favourite ‘Le Petit Nicolas’ make sure you put ‘sous-titres’ or subtitles to see the French. Peppa Pig in French is also good.

It’s all on YouTube btw! It’s really good to do all the worksheets in class and if you can grab any of the school textbooks and do the reading tasks as they’re really useful too! Is there anything else?

thanks, how did u memorise all the endings efficiently and become confident with them? i feel as if i can memorise them for a short time but if i test myself after a while i keep mixing everything up:frown:
Reply 28
thanks, how did u memorise all the endings efficiently and become confident with them? i feel as if i can memorise them for a short time but if i test myself after a while i keep mixing everything up:frown:

I’m not sure. I learnt them the night before in bed, and I remembered them by looking at each sentence of them and learning that. I just kept practicing vocally. Make sure you’re doing it vocally as it’ll just disappear from your brain!! :smile:
could i please look at this link? What dyo need to add to your speaking answers to get the higher marks?
Hi! I got a 9 in my French AQA GCSE, receiving full marks in both my reading and listening papers as well as speaking and writing achieving 57/60 and 59/60 on writing.

I’d love to share tips for revising French, as I did less than an hour revision of French every night before each exam. If you have any questions please ask!

I did (obviously higher tier) and the exam board AQA.

hii! well done for the gcse grades! I was just wondering what you did for your speaking? I do pretty well in reading (54/60 in my mocks) and writing is a work in progress, it’s just speaking that really trips me up.
Thank you so much!
For Speaking, I wasn’t planning on learning answers but I thought I would anyways. If you’re doing AQA French I could send you the link to my French Speaking answers (please don’t use them tho!!) I learnt them well so that I could make sure I used all the tenses and grammar techniques that I needed. For listening try lots of kids TV shows like Le Petit Nicolas and Peppa Pig are good. You could learn the lyrics to a song eg Fallait Pas - Marwa Loud and listen to it a lot so you can start distinguishing sounds easier.

Hi, I am struggling so much with French speaking. Could you please send me your answers?
gosh im in year 10 and im struggling as hell in french( especially listening and reading!!). how did u all remember the vocab, i find that really hard and if u used any textbooks, websites, youtubers etc, what would u recommend?

I recommend using the Anki app to learn vocab. Just add vocab to it as unknown vocab comes up and use the app, even for a few minutes per day - it all adds up!
Sent you a link to it in your messages! And they’re all on YouTube. :smile:
can you send it to me too? pls
Hi! I got a 9 in my French AQA GCSE, receiving full marks in both my reading and listening papers as well as speaking and writing achieving 57/60 and 59/60 on writing.
I’d love to share tips for revising French, as I did less than an hour revision of French every night before each exam. If you have any questions please ask!
What textbooks do you use to revise is the amazon ones or the GCP ones

omg well done
honestly its so weird but I struggle with writing
in the exam its so easy and in class im not bad at it either
I cant tell fits my tenses or smth I really dk
my teacher says I write to much I gave her a 150 trying to condense it and she said the same thing
what was the way u learnt the tenses cuz I have to go over them before every writing exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending