The Student Room Group

Types of engineering

Apart from the main types of engineering like chemical, civil, mechanics and aerospace what other types of engineering are there that you could go into and what do they include??
I’m a bit stuck choosing a field of engineering to go into
Original post by ghostyyy
Apart from the main types of engineering like chemical, civil, mechanics and aerospace what other types of engineering are there that you could go into and what do they include??

I know that some universities do a general engineering course, so it incorporates all of the disciplines that you've mentioned as one uni course, this is what I'm thinking of as I can't make my mind up about what discipline either.
EEE, Materials, Control/Mechatronics/Robotics, Naval, Structural, Engineering Mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering, Design engineering...

I think that's pretty much all of them with the exception of little offshoots like Petroleum and Nuclear Engineering from Chemical, there will also be more of these at MSc level.
Original post by ghostyyy

Automotive, Motorsport, Electronic, Electrical, .... google tells me there are 40.

Quick Reply

Latest