The Student Room Group

hazard perception

when taking the hazard perception test, how many times can you click?
Reply 1
A bit of common sense is required when doing hazard perception. If you click, say, 30 times, the result will obviously not be desirable.

Within reason - I'd hazard a guess at no more than 10. Just click when you see a hazard. They're not trying to trick you.

Although saying that, on my hazard perception I got a clip cancelled for clicking too many times (I still passed, though).
ok because ive been practicing on some PC software and was worried it was just once because I have a tendency to click on everything i think is a hazard
but never more than 5 or 6 so I should be ok. Thanks.
Reply 3
Oh yeah, 5 or 6 will DEFINITELY be fine. You have no need to worry whatsoever.
Reply 4
I only clicked 4 to 5 times and barely passed so more than that!

The test itself is beyond silly...you know a hazard is about to occur and you click on it like it is a playstation game. If only life was like that!
Reply 5
I did mine today and clicked anything up to about 10 times per clip. Some were more, some were less. I tended to click whenever there was a potential hazard, and then as the main one developed I clicked it again after a second or two to make sure my first click hadn't been too early. And I passed ok. I think it's pretty much impossible to get full marks on the real test.
Reply 6
I just clicked whenever something changed and got 65/75.
Reply 7
speedfreak2007
when taking the hazard perception test, how many times can you click?

before going to the hazard perception test you should really watch the introduction clip (which is free to see).

you can find it at most theory test websites. if you go to http://www.theorytestpass.co.uk/ and sign up for the free package you can watch it there.

Good luck! :smile:
Can I ask anyone for advice on the hazard perception test as I am getting infuriated by it. I spot a hazard too early and don't get any points for it, but when I clicked several times (when I initially saw it and as it got more of a problem) the computer program said I answered inappropriately. The test does not seem to be about understanding hazards, but rather understanding how the program works. I really cannot afford another £30 to take again and need to pass first time, so any help would ge very gratefully appreciated. Thanks everyone
Reply 9
lozzaisdabestever
Can I ask anyone for advice on the hazard perception test as I am getting infuriated by it. I spot a hazard too early and don't get any points for it, but when I clicked several times (when I initially saw it and as it got more of a problem) the computer program said I answered inappropriately. The test does not seem to be about understanding hazards, but rather understanding how the program works. I really cannot afford another £30 to take again and need to pass first time, so any help would ge very gratefully appreciated. Thanks everyone

I think that the number of clicks that you can have in the real test is either 15 or 20 (but no one has really confirmed this). Also you cannot click loads of times in a row, so if you're gonna click again leave about a one second gap.

When I did my test I didn't click more than 7 times per clip. Hazards are everywhere on the clip, but if you just practice you'll "naturally" know which one is the hazard they're looking for. It's all acted and you can kind of tell that that person is not acting naturally so that must be the hazard.

Good luck with your test!
Reply 10
the maximum clicks is 6 per clip ..anymore and the clip will be disqualified.
Original post by shaz29
the maximum clicks is 6 per clip ..anymore and the clip will be disqualified.

No lol
I had clicked more than 6 times and nothing happened.
Its only if you do it during a short period of time.
Reply 12
On the official 2014/2015 Hazard perception test dvd by the DVSA guide the most times you can click is 10 on the 11th it will say you have clicked too many times and you lose any points of that particular clip, whether or not this is the same software as the real test is i'm not sure trying to find this out myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending